Blasty for 400ex?? Confused :(

FaH-S.A

Feb 25, 2010
South Africa (Durban)
www.facebook.com
Got someone who wants to purchase my 08 blaster. It's pretty much stock since i bought it i posted it here. Pro circuit 304 factory sound pipe etc.. Extremely neat tho..I:I

Anyway theres this 06 400ex good cond with a slip on pipe(not sure brand) , nerf bars and hand guards for the same price im getting for my blaster.. Soo do you think the 400 is a better bike? Is it worth giving up the blaster for?:-/

I dont really have my own money to make my blaster faster so I'm considering selling it for the 400ex! It seems like a bargain!! I:I

Are 400ex's nice and reliable? How about speed?

Thanks guysI:I

In my opinion, the Blaster is better. It doesn't take a hole lot to make it as fast as a 400ex and a rebuild is alot cheaper.

Seeing how you said about money on making it faster etc. I would say keep the blaster cheaper and easier to fix then the 400 also you can do a few mods and kill a 400 4 strokes are nice at times but I don't miss them fixing wise.

I had a 400ex with quite a few mods and I had no problem beating my brothers RM125 if that gives you an idea how fast they are,with a slip on jet kit air box lid removed and rev limiter you can do right around 75mph with almost no effort at all,and as far as relible go's yeah I'd say there relible,owned mine for 5 years and tore it up with no problems,I don't have it anymore but there nice,but as far as 400's go get the z400 it's a monster and will kill the Honda,I got beat by them all the time,now as for the blaster it's gotta have mods because if not there not fast there just not lol,my blaster would definitely beat my 400 but I have one mean blaster 240kit 3mm stroker 35mn pwk carb the whole nine yards you get the point and my 400 had a 440 bigger edelbrock carb full yoshi pipe k&n filter and rev limiter and still my blaster would give it a run for it's money,so if you can't mod the blaster go for the 400,but if it was me I'd keep the blaster because there nothing like a yamaha laughs.