Blasters suck

I'm on my second season on a Wildcard ported top end. Fairly hot port job, piped, carbed etc. I ride with Outlaws and Raptor 700's. I have to ride HARD!!! The Blaster is stone cold reliable. Most reliable bike in our ride group for sure.
If these motors blow up, it's user/builder error. They are stout.B)

I'm on my second season on a Wildcard ported top end. Fairly hot port job, piped, carbed etc. I ride with Outlaws and Raptor 700's. I have to ride HARD!!! The Blaster is stone cold reliable. Most reliable bike in our ride group for sure.
If these motors blow up, it's user/builder error. They are stout.B)

EXACTLY, these are strong little motors and it's the first yamaha i've had that is more reliable then a couple of my bikes haha. and i got to give you credit, you keep up with way bigger quads all the timeI:I

you sir, are an idiot. i can see you hating on a blaster if you come off a mx quad and thats all you do, but in this case, your the idiot who didnt maintain your bike, or payed the wrong shop to do work on it. oh, and if you bought a jeep with the money that you got for your blown up blaster, you must have gotten a p.o.s. and i expect to see a thread about how its falling apart too

Dude, if sh*t breaking made me want to sell sh*t, Id never have any sh*t.

My blaster was broke when I bought it. A CDI later and it ran. Carb sucked. Different carb later and it ran. Developed an airleak, blew the top end. Used it as an excuse to upgrade my porting. Put it back together. Ive replaced all the bushings, the grips, the handlebars, the carb, done a bunch of custom crap, taught myself how to jet, assemble motors, troubleshoot the electrical systems.

This damn thing breaking made me pretty much a mild expert on the stupid (but we love em) things. Im in mine way more than 1k worth of parts and replacement crap. I couldnt have learned the skills Ive picked up by paying cash, so thats a tradeoff Im willing to make.

You either learn from mistakes and get smarter, or keep making the same mistakes and getting broker. One or the other. I choose the former.

No kidding the six P's "proper preparation prevents piss poor performance"..... And when where does cause an issue fixing them is really half the fun

6 p's ha ?????

i like it, have some greens newbie !!!!!!

:-/ Maybe he forgot to use the gear shifter X:)o ? Extended over-rev is not good for them.

The more I ride it, the more I like it I:I. Light weight and good power lets me throw it around. Somewhat modded, and you gotta use the shifter a little more. Riding this last weekend my son was following me on his Banshee and he made a comment about how fast I was going, B), although at my age I couldn't hold that pace for long :( . Only problem is now I'm wanting to do something with the suspension :D it takes me at least a day to recover, lot of the trails we ride are whooped out bad and my legs kill me later.