Blasters having some more weird clutch issues...

cap9709

Aug 20, 2012
Kansas
Well I just took the blasty out for the first real ride out at the farm. Ran great until I really got up into 5th and 6th gear and the clutch just disappeared? By this I mean when I pulled the lever It had no tension. So I went back to the truck and screwed the adjusting lever by the clutch lever out and then I had some pressure. Well I start riding again in lower gears and the clutch gains pressure? I was so confused but it was working fine so I took it back up to 6th gear and now I have nothing again? Did I install the clutch wrong or something? Thanks!

i just had this problem, it is most likely your clutch adjustment screw comming loose, re adjust your clutch and put some loc-tite on the nut

It sounds like the jamnut holding the internal clutch adjustment in place has backed off.

If it's tightened down properly it's not supposed to back off and lose adjustment. Now there's a lot of "supposed to's" out there....

if you pull it apart and the internal adjustment has slipped, you can apply a small amount of BLUE loctite (you want to be able to get that back apart at some point!) to keep it from backing out again.