Blasterpiece Theater

Yeah I need to look but I am almost certain that it is the tie rod - spindle. I can feel that joint kinda pop. I think I am going to pull it off the trail and start my actual build. I'd rather pull it and get it done than risk someone's safety with a band aid.

I am pretty friggin excited. My new used exhaust will be here tomorrow courtesy of dirtysquared. And the first of my lighst should be here Saturday. I am gonna have a fun weekend.

Reactions: dirtysquared
its a great pipe man! you will love it!

make sure to re-jet

the dmc pipe is a very tight squeeze. i had slight trouble fitting it all up. meaning it will never leak.

heres the best way to put it on.

put the pipe on and screw the flange bolts in about 2 turns.
line up the holder on top and put that small bolt in 2 turns
put the silencer on and bolt that to the frame almost all the way (1-2 turns away from tight)
tighten up the bolts on the header and then finish the silencer.

be sure you push the silencer all the way onto the header, it was very tough when new, probably a little easier being used a while, but idk

the way the flange is i suggest you buy 1.25 inch long bolts the same threading as stock bolts.

I should be good. I was getting a mid throttle bog. Suspect the pilot jet, so I pulled the carb, Leak Tested (good) pulled apart the carb and cleaned it out real good as well as the jets. Float check good. needle straight. put it all back together, fired it up and she smoked like a hippie festival.

After 20 minutes of head scratching. realized my Main Jet was sitting on the work bench. pulled the carb again, put in the correct Jet, needle was on lowest clip. fixed all that, put it back together. Fired up, idles awesome. after warm up take her for a little spin. Still bog at middle throttle.

Realized I was sober. had a beer or three to think about it. forgot to clean and blow out the damn Pilot Jet. third times a charm. Pulled the carb, cleaned everything again. why not. Put carb back together. Leak tested again just in case. put carb back on. fired up first kick as always. warmed up. take her for a spin problem solved.

I still need to sort the a arm out. I am the only one i let drive it for now and only for "testing" purposes. ok fine i like to scare the neighbors cats. but this thing runs great. tons of power through the whole throttle.

So that is my bonehead move of the week.

When you fit the DMC you will need to put the clip back down to the bottom slot and readjust the idle.

At sea level, this may help.

DMC #260 main jet.

Aftermarket air cleaner + 1 or 2 size larger.

Air box lid off +2

32:1 pre mix +1

Needle in the bottom slot.

32.5 pilot jet.

Plug chop to confirm, as temperature, elevation and humidity come into the equasion

Yeah at my elevation. I am estimating a 300 mj and a 290 in the mountains. I think I was excited about the dmc so I absentmindedly started tuning it for the pipe. :rolleyes:

I got My DMC/FMF exhaust from Dirtysquared on Saturday. Him and Heck and Blaaster cleaned them up for me. Not necessary but appreciated. They look amazing. Thanks again guys. Really excited to get it on and start playing with it. I also got my Flood Lights. I did start fabbing up mounts for them. I will get pics up tonight of my progress.

When you fit the DMC you will need to put the clip back down to the bottom slot and readjust the idle.

DMC #260 main jet.

Aftermarket air cleaner + 1 or 2 size larger.

Air box lid off +2

32:1 pre mix +1

32.5 pilot jet.

Plug chop to confirm, as temperature, elevation and humidity come into the equasion

At my elevation my jets read more like this.

Elevation = 5200 ft

Stock I would fun a 210

DMC #240 main jet.

Aftermarket air cleaner = 260

Air box lid off = 280

28:1 Premix = 290

32.5 pilot jet.

Now that I have looked at it I think 300 might be bit big. I am wondering where o got that 300 number. I think I am missing something. Oh yeah timing advance. I don't know I will need to add a jet size with it But i estimated 300 just in case.

I have the lighs narrowed down to two mount configurations.

I need help deciding.

Option 1: fender mount. Traditional. Leaves room for custom plastic/fireglass work in the futue.

Option 2: vertical scoop mounts. Non traditional. Looks badass. Potentially restricts airflow.