blasterforum impersonation

89custom

May 27, 2008
GTA, Ontario
ok so im not 100% on this but i think we have some fraud going on here. being a forum suppporter, theres a subscription setup and since i have to support again soon, i got an email from bf, BUT i also got an identical email but leading to a exact copy of bf, requesting password and sh*t and them im sure next would be money.

do NOT do anything with this site, im just makig thia known so no one does anything. also sorry for spelling im on my iphone and i was jusy checking email when i saw this and figured it was important enough to mention asap.

http://www.atvgang.com/payments.php

i repeat, do NOT put any personal info on that site most importantly username and password.

and also, dont have time to email mods so if someone could pm them linking to this thread that wpuld be primo.

peace

I have noticed alot of my topic reply emails goto 'atvgang' in the web addres bar.
Don't jump the gun yet because it would be hard to hack an entire site and mirror it.
For example all my PM's are listed in that other site.
I'll making a note in the mof forum now.
Thanks 89!

That's retarded. I have to look around on there... see if I can do any damage. >:]

I have a nice long explanation of what they did to do this... but our school computer will not let me post it because they are retarded... I'll get back to this later when I'm home.

for all you know, cbaber is trying to expand the site, and he registered atvgang to blasterforum.com

but I defiantly want to find out what is really going on

if you go to the off topic section there is a post about the domain name change on that site also..... but it is from months ago??? WTF

well i just thought it should be discussed. forogot to mention i just have wifi so were ever i can find wifi is all i have to do this sh*t.

Okay. So we have figured out that cbaber could be expanding the site. That is a good possibility.

But, here is an example of how easy it is to simply copy a website... Now, bare with me, I am doing this in about 5 minutes, so I know it isn't the best replica, but you get the picture... check this out: Yamaha Blaster Forum - The #1 Community For Yamaha Blaster Owners! I know, it isn't perfect, but if you gave me another half hour, I would have that looking exact. Basically... my lesson for you guys here is to always check to make sure you are on the actual site. It's very easy sometimes to get confused and get in a bad situation. Be careful, guys.

not bad for a 5 min job. thats what i use to do in highschool then i got bored with it doing it everyday which made me relize i dont wanna do that the rest off my life. lol

Okay. So we have figured out that cbaber could be expanding the site. That is a good possibility.

But, here is an example of how easy it is to simply copy a website... Now, bare with me, I am doing this in about 5 minutes, so I know it isn't the best replica, but you get the picture... check this out: Yamaha Blaster Forum - The #1 Community For Yamaha Blaster Owners! I know, it isn't perfect, but if you gave me another half hour, I would have that looking exact. Basically... my lesson for you guys here is to always check to make sure you are on the actual site. It's very easy sometimes to get confused and get in a bad situation. Be careful, guys.

hacker.............................lol

hacker.............................lol

Lol... nah. Simple copy and paste, really. Some replacing in the code so that it reads it from the blaster forum server and boom... it's done.

@ bobdryerr:

I'm actually really thinking about doing something involving computers for a living... Not to thread jack: why did you choose not to?

Also, just pinged blasterforum and atvgang, they are hosted on the same IP. Looks like it is Safe.

this is extremely, weird, there are small insignifigances in the atv gang site that ai don't see here, like all the advertisments are gone and dates are sometime wrong, my best bet is to stay off it till you can get some 100% sure feedback on the site's saftey.