blaster won't stay running

langlais23

Apr 27, 2014
I just got my carb back together after cleaning it because my blaster would be all bogged down and I needed to keep hitting the throttle to keep it from stalling. So I cleaned it and out it back together, but now I can't even hit the throttle to keep it running. I started it up and after a second or two it dies. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Is enough fuel flowing into the float bowl?

Crack open the float bowl drain screw, a constant dribble of fuel should flow from the hose.

Could the previous bogging have been caused by an air leak, It would pay to leak test the engine.

I belive so because I turn the gas on and it starts overflowing a Lil out of the petcock once the fuel line is full...so I would imagine it has enough fuel in it

It could have too much fuel, you may need to set the float level.

If fuel dribbles out anywhere, either the level is wrong of the needle and seat is either dirty or worn out.

Well its not coming out of the carburetor...it comes out of the petcock on the gas tank

That should not cause any starting and running problems, only a fire hazard.

Did the bogging start all of a sudden or what?

Well I'm stumped then...the only other thing I could think of is...the little "box" looking thing on top of the throttle lever. The cable coming out of that is cut and not connected to anything...i don't know what thag does though.

tors removal.
then it needs a gasket on petcock/or the plate is warpped..part where the screws areo_O /there was a recall on the rubber gasket in petcock,or so i was told by local yamaha dealer
it looks like this...

o ring.jpg

When you cleaned carb did you ensure that air would blow through all passages? Did you visuly look through pilot and main jet? Float height set? Main jet washer in place? Air screw on side of carb set? At what?

Throttle Over Ride Safety
Throttle Overide Retarded Sh*t

If throttle slide sticks and thumb lever is released, ignition is limited to idle speed only. Costs big bucks to replace everything to factory "perfect" working order.
Delete kit is way cheaper.
Don't think I've ever had a throttle stick, as long as it's maintained properly.