Blaster wont start

alive

Apr 30, 2013
Finished my small build, and now blaster wont start. It started right up before I tore it apart.

Could the spark plug have went bad sitting for 2 weeks? Fuel is turned on. Im not sure what else it could be. I did remove the tors, but I unplugged it from the carb and the little box up front, not sure how that could have done anything.

Any suggestions, I literally have no idea what im doing...

Thanks!

Finished my small build, and now blaster wont start. It started right up before I tore it apart.

Could the spark plug have went bad sitting for 2 weeks? Fuel is turned on. Im not sure what else it could be. I did remove the tors, but I unplugged it from the carb and the little box up front, not sure how that could have done anything.
Any suggestions, I literally have no idea what im doing...

Thanks!

What year is your blaster? If it is an 03+ you have to connect some wires when removing tors. Do you have spark? do you have fuel in the bowel in carb?

I took off spark plug, and hit kick starter and im not seeing any spark. All wires appear to be connected, tors arent touching each other, ignition (was removed) are taped off and not touching each other, same with oil inject lines.

Did you install the stator plate and flywheel with the woodruff key? Give us more info. what do you mean by a "small build" what did you strip etc.

It was the harness somewhere. I found a thread on here with a minimal harness which helped me check, now it starts up first kick. However, right front wheel has way too much camber, but im thinking its just bent (rolled the bike down a hill right before I went to do my mods). I guess I just need a new spindle? With the wheel off, the drum is clearly weiner eyed. With the front wheels in stock position it pulls just a little but is rideable, but with them flipped it is much more pronounced.

Also, white smoke is too rich yes?

I took off airbox cover, fmf pipe + dg exhaust and 32:1 yamalube premix. Im getting crazy white smoke with a 290 main jet. Too high i suppose?

white smoke means you're sucking trans fluid in. Suggest leakdown test, hopefully its only a crank seal.

As to the camber, most likely bent upper a arm.

14mqc1y.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: