Blaster wont start and theres a knock in the motor.

Hutch

Jun 25, 2012
I was out yesterday riding around after it rained. I was on my way back to my house from a mud hole and it started bogging real bad. I down shifted untill it stopped and kept riding, about a half mile down the train and it started doing it again. I down shifted all the way to first again, and it kept bogging and when I gave it gas it just rolled 5FT and stalled. I tried to restart it and I could hear a gainy sound or something. My dad came and picked me up and when I got home I tore eveything down. When I took the flywheel case off water came out. I dont think its supposed to do that lol. At the top of the case right in front of the clutch linkage there is a U shaped hole with a crack in one side. It looks machined but I have no idea why it would be there, its been there seince I got the bike. I changed the gear oil and flushed it out a bit and them filled it back up. That took care of most of the grainy feeling/ sound. But now when I try to start it, it feels like there is grit or something in the cylinder or something. My cousin said there might be crap in the fly wheel screwing up the magnets. I blew it out with my air compresser because I dont have a fly wheel puller. It still makes the sound. What could be wrong? Im thinking a top end rebuild is in my future. I just want to get it fixed so I can sell it.

Take of flywheel and inspect., if all is well.

Compression test.

Pull the pipe off and get a look up the exhaust for piston damage.

I got it started yesterday after some serious carb cleaning and wire inspecting. It has absolutly no power at all but at around 3/4 throtle it sounds normal, no knock, but any where else there is a knock. I can tell it has an air leak some where because its shooting out a ton of white smoke. Im thinking crank case? Maybe the bearing to?

That u shape hole is suppose to have a plug in it , that is where the water is coming in at. water + electric = no start! same kind of symptoms if you ride through a puddle and it wants to shut off, usually electrical!

Like I said... I got it started. Also like i said, it runs like sh*t. There is absolutly no power but around 3/4 throtle it revs like normal. The knock is still there and I can tell theres an air leak on acount of the bright white smoke. I was thinking crank seal, maybe the bearing is causing the knock?

Ride no more until you have done a leak down test!

The white smoke points to a crank seal.

Did you do a compression test and check for piston damage.

Ride no more until you have done a leak down test!

The white smoke points to a crank seal.

Did you do a compression test and check for piston damage.

I checked the piston through the exhaust port like you said, I didnt see anything odd. I dont have a compression tester, and and i should get a leak down tester

A leak lester is a must in any 2 stroke owners tool box.

The other tools, that a great idea to own are.

Compression tester, flywheel puller, tension wrench, inpact driver.

The knocking sound, is not likely to go away.

You need to test the compression and do a leak down test.

Stop trying to ride or run it, You have some damage and you could make it worse. meaning more $$$ to fix it.
There are many areas, where the sound or damage could be.

from rod, rod bearings, crankshaft, crankshaft bearings. if you got gunk./water into the motor. that can wreck bearings fast. not to mention gears and the clutch fibers.

If you cant find someone to loan you a compression tester or make the leak down tester / guy the one sold from that guy on here.

Then, you gonna have to try and find some $$$ to get those things and be prepared to have to look at a top end and possible lower end rebuild.

Sporty

I checked the clutchand it was fine. My thought is its the crankshaft and or bearings.