Blaster wont run

I had the same problem with mine a year ago. come to find out it had the stock 230 main in. Mine would run good for about 20 min then bog and cutoff.

I had the same problem with mine a year ago. come to find out it had the stock 230 main in. Mine would run good for about 20 min then bog and cutoff.

not sure what video you watched, but any carb that requires 3 turns of the airscrew to acheive highest idle has too large of pilot.
IF...it's a stock blaster 26mm mikuni w/ stock 32.5 pilot, the airscrew should be around 1.5 turns out.
IF it's leakdown tested airleak free.

airscrew/pilot adjustment:
http://www.blasterforum.com/threads/adjusting-your-airscrew-pilot-jet.51060/

airscrew or idle screw is missing ?
if airscrew ? you have a major airleak, replace before ever even starting it again.
IF idle screw ? on top of tors brick ? (stock location accessed under seat/fuel tank)
if on carb body (tors delete kit location) = major airleak, and must be fixed before any tuning/running can happen.

pics of missing screw ?
The one directly in the middle took a screenshot off YouTube and air screw is at 1.5 (3 half turns)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 190
The one directly in the middle took a screenshot off YouTube and air screw is at 1.5 (3 half turns)

that idle screw is not stock, it is part of a tors delete kit. the stock idle screw is on top of the tors brick under the seat/tank
which does yours have ?
there will still be a cast boss that appears to need an idle screw, but unless it was drilled thru and tapped for tors idle screw, it does not actually go into the carb throat.

that idle screw is not stock, it is part of a tors delete kit. the stock idle screw is on top of the tors brick under the seat/tank
which does yours have ?
there will still be a cast boss that appears to need an idle screw, but unless it was drilled thru and tapped for tors idle screw, it does not actually go into the carb throat.
Ok and yes i have the big flat head screw on top of tors what does the tors even do?

Yes it was running too lean and getting hot. It would cutoff and not start for 30 min. I upped the main and solved the issue before i ruined my new topend

Check the main. Was your motor getting really hot? If its not starting at all now it seems like you may have fried the topend. are you running a b8es plug?

Check the main. Was your motor getting really hot? If its not starting at all now it seems like you may have fried the topend. are you running a b8es plug?
Yea still have stock plugs everything is stock and yea i think it was getting hot but idk what its suppose to get at and if i have 130 compression how is my top end fried and it will only start when you kick it as hard as you can but run like sh*t and die

Have you tried turning out the airscrew on the left side of the carb? Seems like your jetting is out of whack everywhere. Also is the idle set?

I am stumped then i have great spark , 130 compression with throttle wide open and ten kicks , clean carb 100% TWICE! Exhaust isn't clogged. But i was watching a video on how to tune your carb and it says 3 half turns for the air screw but the rpm screw or somthing is missing on my carb??? Could this be the problem???? :mad:
3 half turns is 1 1/2 turns I do believe.

I had to read the post a few times for that terminology to sink in.

Set your float level, adjust the idle and make sure that the needle is on the middle clip setting.

While the carb is off do a leak test, if it passes, then it should idle and run correctly with small throttle openings.

Do a WOT plug chop to confirm your jetting.

In answer to your Throttle Over Ride System, it is designed to cut the spark if the engine shows signs of over revving, the TORS system is best removed.

Set your float level, adjust the idle and make sure that the needle is on the middle clip setting.

While the carb is off do a leak test, if it passes, then it should idle and run correctly with small throttle openings.

In answer to your Throttle Over Ride System, it is designed to cut the spark if the engine shows signs of over revving, the TORS system is best removed.
Thank you and WOT plug chop? And what middle clip setting? The float?

And can the float lever make your bike not run at all??

If the float level has been upset and is not allowing fuel into the carb, then it will not start.

You can check the level of fuel in the carb by fitting a clear hose onto the drain nipple and lifting the hose up past the float bowl.

Crack the drain screw and the fuel should be level with carby body just above the float bowl gasket.

If the float level has been upset and is not allowing fuel into the carb, then it will not start.

You can check the level of fuel in the carb by fitting a clear hose onto the drain nipple and lifting the hose up past the float bowl.

Crack the drain screw and the fuel should be level with carby body just above the float bowl gasket.
So if i do the hose trick and it is just above the gasket then it should be fine? And if i delet my tors system but leave it on my carb can anything bad happen? ThAnk you !!!!