Blaster wont rev up in gear

coryand pamela

Sep 7, 2010
Kent, Washington
Hello all its me agian (wifes blaster dosnt have spark). Ok i got the thing runnin great after i replaceed the CDI Control Unit and coil plug. None of that worked remeber. LOL Well it was the piston (o by the way it had great spark after i replaced all that stuff). Well here is the new one. Starts first kick sounds good but,,,, when i put it in gear and start moving it goes till i give it some more gas and it boggs like crazy. Also when i start it if i leave the chock on it runs like a new quad if the chock is off if revs a little higher and not at a good one either.

Here is the only little mods i have done.
Took off the TORS
conected all wires back and right (i think)
Yes i did i but a twist throttle on it. (had to long story wife has to have one)
took off the on and off switch and hooked up the key to one of the cdi box wires to turn it off. (maybe thats it??)

Well if you guys could help i would appreciate it greatly.

Thanks Cory and the wife Pamela.
By the way trx250r still running great LOL.:D

"conected all wires back and right (i think)"
and...................
"took off the on and off switch and hooked up the key to one of the cdi box wires to turn it off. (maybe thats it??) "

all the wires from the tors, on 88-02 models must be seperated and taped off, not connected together
and tapping into the cdi wires is prolly trouble too, never heard of that before

All the black wires from the TORS are cut and taped off. I just took off the key from the CDI wires and i have alot more throttle but it start to boog when it full throttle. could this be a jetting problem?

ok so it might be a air prob. Here is some more info. When i first got it running with the piston and rings it was very powerfull. I then tryed to hook up a tether switch and it would only run with it out LOL. Then i just hooked up the key to the CDI orange wires to kill it. It would barly move in gear no throttle at all. So as i said i went out and took the key off and pluged the orange wires back together now i have power till like full throttle then it boogs only at full. Other then that it builds up speed till then.

Sounds like it could be a jetting problem or maybe even a cracked or broken reed. I had a cracked reed on mine and it ran fine except for in the high rpms. I'd give the reeds a good check and see if that could be the problem.

you need to quit butchering the wiring and only perform 1 " repair " at a time . if its running great right now , except for a bog at WOT it may be a jetting issue .
BTW where in Wa are you? I'm in Tacoma .

Hello all i am proud to say ITS FIXED. It was (and i hate to say it) the twist throttle. Here is the funny part i bought it at Cycle Gear. It was on the clearence table for only 18 bucks and this is why my wife has a hard time with thumbs. A doctor broke a needle off in her right wrist and she dosnt grip things to well so with a twist its a little easyer for her. But the thumb is back on (didnt think i kept all the parts found some laying on the garage floor) and it runs realy good all the way thru every gear.

I live in Kent by the way. we are going to Belfair on Sunday if you like riding in the rain we have rain gear so no biggie for us. Bad ass blaster Blastard

Well im happy to say ITS FIXED. Its hard for me to say cuz i know im going to hear about it but it was the twist throttle. This is the deal my wife needs it cuz a doctor broke a needle off in her wrist and its hard for her to grip things. But i put back on the thumb so thats what she will have to use for now.

I live in Kent. Bad ass blaster by the way Blastard.

well i thought it was. But then it still did it. So removed the air filter and bam it runs great and strong. So what ya think needs a new one or dose it just need to be cleaned? Or should i get the garments and put those in there like little filters with a rubber garment and there about 1 inch round.

ya i will have to look into that. As for the air cleaner iim going to just wash it and see what happens. If it still dose it then i guess its K&N time. Is the power up kit worth the price?