Blaster will not Rev high, no powerband

JoeymackR12x

Nov 15, 2009
My blaster will not rev very high. It has alot of bottom end power but has no top end. it almost sounds like there is a rev limiter kicking in? The compression is 150psi and the carb is clean. I dont know if it is an electrical issue or mechanical. Any and all advice would be great.

thanks
joe mac

you can start by removing your tors and see if thats it. just type "tors removal" into the search box and go from there. its very simple and prolly the issue. good luck dude I:I

tors will shut it down all together or cause a no start.

whats your mods? jetting?? air filter clean??? video of it running??

man thats what i always though too but when my tors started freeking out it was messing with all kinds of stuff. it was really weird, but took the tors of and she runs like a champ!!

man, is your spark plug clean?????????????? my blaster started runnin crappy, wouldn't rev, it would sputter, i took the yucky black plug off, and cleaned it, and runs like a champ.

if its a 03 up try unplugging the parking brake see if that helps.

^^Yup^^ This works fine for 2003 and newer machines. Your issue is probably in the TORS system. If your Blaster is older than 2003, try unplugging the TORS control box located under the hood on the top left side. It has one modular, 3-wire plug going into it. If the engine starts and runs fine with the TORS box unplugged, the problem does indeed lie somewhere in the TORS system. I'd just go ahead and get rid of it all. TORS causes way more problems than it will ever solve if left in place.

ok!
I have the same exact problem.
2006 Blaster:
Kisumy 28mm carb(new),New top end,New reeds,new regulator,new coil.No Tor system,eliminated parking brake switch.
no power band.
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok!
I have the same exact problem.
2006 Blaster:
Kisumy 28mm carb(new),New top end,New reeds,new regulator,new coil.No Tor system,eliminated parking brake switch.
no power band.
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:eek: congrats you 've dug up a two year old thread :D. Did you do a leak-down on new top end? Did this problem just start or has it been this way since new top end? Did you change/add anything while doing rebuild? Pipe, carb, air filter, any other new mods/changes? Did you eliminate the TORS properly? 03+ requires some wires be tied together. If someone doesn't chime in, you'll have to search the forum for correct info on it.

Is this a list of ALL your mods? If not, list them up and also list all jetting and settings of carb. Did you start with a clean carb, fresh fuel, and new plug?

I have the same exact problem... Except mine won't idle, when I let off the gas it just stalls, also no power in the high end and almost none in the low end. I tried adjusting the a/f screw on the side of the carb which helped a bit then I started playing with the idle adjustment on top which did absolutely NOTHING to the idle which I found fairly weird. All stock just rebuilt everything on the machine, new top end, low end, crank case, reeds, carb, brand new stock jets, cleaned the whole carb so it's spotless, removed the parking break but didn't do anything with the wiring for it. Could the parking break wiring be causing the problem? Also yesterday it was not starting but then I connected the tors and it will start now.

I have the same exact problem... Except mine won't idle, when I let off the gas it just stalls, also no power in the high end and almost none in the low end. I tried adjusting the a/f screw on the side of the carb which helped a bit then I started playing with the idle adjustment on top which did absolutely NOTHING to the idle which I found fairly weird. All stock just rebuilt everything on the machine, new top end, low end, crank case, reeds, carb, brand new stock jets, cleaned the whole carb so it's spotless, removed the parking break but didn't do anything with the wiring for it. Could the parking break wiring be causing the problem? Also yesterday it was not starting but then I connected the tors and it will start now.
It just feels like it has a governor on it. Also just re-did the whole gear system and when I shift it will get stuck in between gears and I have to shift up and down repeatedly for it to get in gear?

You said you tried adjusting the idle screw on top but it did nothing, you mean on top of the tors or were u turning something else.

Sorry to hijack the thread but I have a 05 Blaster with a new top-end, stock carb, and a turbine Core 2 pipe it will idle fine but will not rev up properly and kick in the Power Band.... I have a oil reservoir should I take that off and just mix my gas

Sorry to hijack the thread but I have a 05 Blaster with a new top-end, stock carb, and a turbine Core 2 pipe it will idle fine but will not rev up properly and kick in the Power Band.... I have a oil reservoir should I take that off and just mix my gas

Short answer, NO. That's not the problem and won't fix the problem.
More info is needed !!
Is it complete pipe or just silencer?
Is TORS disabled?
Did you do a leak down test?

Short answer, NO. That's not the problem and won't fix the problem.
More info is needed !!
Is it complete pipe or just silencer?
Is TORS disabled?
Did you do a leak down test?

Just a silencer, tors is disabled, leak down test complete came back good

Parking brake disabled?
List ALL mods that you have.
Have you cleaned the carb, set the float? What Jets and air screw setting?
Did this problem suddenly start? After working on it?

Parking brake disabled?
List ALL mods that you have.
Have you cleaned the carb, set the float? What Jets and air screw setting?
Did this problem suddenly start? After working on it?

When I disable the parking brake I felt like it ran crappier the only mod I have is a FMF silencer it's a it's stock topend and a stock carb.... The main Jet did not have a number on it and the air screw is 1.5 turns out...... It had a blown top-end and I replace that and that's when the problems came in I didn't set the float