Blaster vs. Warrior

A warrior or a blaster

• Total voters
actually i like the 02 and older models too. i think they just look way better. I agree though I would get the 03-06 for the better brakes. If you really wanted to down grade the plastics the steering stem and light bracket would cost maybe 30 bucks on ebay. 1 small tab welded on and maybe 25 bucks for the hood.

Blaster and Warrior are the same, 17hp. With some work and money you can double the Blaster. Only way to double a warrior is twin engines :eek: :D

With regular maintenance a warrior will last about forever. Reliable and rugged as a rock, and just as fast.

If your father is insistant on a 4poke suggest a 400ex or even 300ex Honda.

when looking at blasters on craigslist you are going to see blasters ranging from 400 -2500 dollars. Find something in your budget and go from there. When you go look at it the best tool to bring with you is a compression tester. you can borrow one from your friends or the autoparts store will loan you one. pull the plug hook up the tester, hold the throttle wide open and kick it over about 10 times. I prefer to do compression tests cold. your reading should be over 110. 120-130 would be ideal anything under 110 is going to cost you money in short time. then fire it up and make sure it starts easy. let it warm up for a few minutes. you can occasionally blip the throttle but otherwise let it warm up. once warmed up rev the throttle and let go. It should drop back to idle quickly. If it hangs there could be issues. get on it and ride it. make sure is goes through all the gears. make sure the powerband snaps you back in the seat. make sure it puts a smile on your face.

I gotta say in the 30+ years I have been riding. Lots of mud and water. I have never lost brakes on anything. I have had friends that lost brakes for other reasons, mainly laziness.

Blaster and Warrior are the same, 17hp. With some work and money you can double the Blaster. Only way to double a warrior is twin engines :eek: :D

With regular maintenance a warrior will last about forever. Reliable and rugged as a rock, and just as fast.

If your father is insistant on a 4poke suggest a 400ex or even 300ex Honda.
I can get a 2 stroke, he just doesn't wart a really loud one. I just want one with the stock exhaust or something kind of quiet like that.