blaster stoped running?

97blast86

i was riding the other day and shifted into 6th and right after i shifted the motor just quit, tried kicking it over and it was tuff to kicked what could be wrong? should i pulled the motor apart? is it expesnive to get it rebuilt?

you sized your engine and yes you need to remove the cylinder and head if the crank is still hard put like 2 the spoone of 2 stroke oil in the cylinder by the spark-plug and let it sit overnight and try to crank-it back if it move dont start-it again remove the cylinder and check for damage!!!

i was riding the other day and shifted into 6th and right after i shifted the motor just quit, tried kicking it over and it was tuff to kicked what could be wrong? should i pulled the motor apart? is it expesnive to get it rebuilt?

If I were you, I'd re-do it myself though...it's pretty easy, a total of ten bolts off the head and you have your motor apart...it's straight forward.

I have guys come to my house to ride mine all the time and when they break them, I make them fix it. Well, that's probably one of the easiest things to do.

Just make sure when you take the retaining rings off for the crank bearing, don't lose them...you may need them again depending on whether you just buy piston and rings or the whole kit.

so just pull the head and cylinder? then get a new piston and ring set and that should do it?

yeah but you need gasket,wrist pin bearing ,and you need to re jet your carb cause engine dont seize for nothing,and when you put the engine back toghether don tite the bolt by hand you need a torque wrench and torque the bolt at the spec ,go in the dyi section in this forum i post a link for the free blaster manuel thats should help a lot!!! good-luck

and

The cyl. is probably egged out so a re bore and oversize piston would be best!

Not required, I have a new stock piston and rings in a smoked cyl. you could fit a nickel inbetween the piston and cyl. wall. It runs fine. It won't last long. There are degrees of working. A 2 stroke by design eggs out the cyl. after time. Go up and down and front to back a couple million times and you get egged out.

A rebore and over size piston with gaskets and all is about $160 from a mail order joint on Ebay. About a buck sixty and you get back bolt on parts all new and machined.

I had the new piston on hand and knew I could make it go bang and wante to trouble shoot the whole system.

I would not suggest spending the time, money and effort without truing the cyl.

The ol' square peg in a round hole thing. In this case a round plug in an egged hole.

A

The cyl. is probably egged out so a re bore and oversize piston would be best!

Not required, I have a new stock piston and rings in a smoked cyl. you could fit a nickel inbetween the piston and cyl. wall. It runs fine. It won't last long. There are degrees of working. A 2 stroke by design eggs out the cyl. after time. Go up and down and front to back a couple million times and you get egged out.

A rebore and over size piston with gaskets and all is about $160 from a mail order joint on Ebay. About a buck sixty and you get back bolt on parts all new and machined.

I had the new piston on hand and knew I could make it go bang and wante to trouble shoot the whole system.

I would not suggest spending the time, money and effort without truing the cyl.

The ol' square peg in a round hole thing. In this case a round plug in an egged hole.

A
i agree totally!!!

ill pry just order a new piston and get a bigger one and have it bored whats a good size to go with? cna you tell what jets are in it cuz i dont think the carb is stock thats on it now?

i would say go .020 over, and if you can afford A Weisco pro lite piston go for it.. Also when you pull the head make sure the piston is intact because it it has exploded... there sh*t in the bottom half of the motor and you will probably have to split the case... But hopefully that wont be the case..

is the scratch deep,and what year is your blaster!!cause you cant just buy piston without knowing what size you already have inside the motor!!!

its a 97 blaster its not too deep but u can rub a fingernail over it and barley notice it but still can

well dont just put a new piston in there you need to take your cylinder to the stealerships is going to take some mesurement and order the right piston for ya and he will bore and hone you cylinder to fit the new piston!!!

is there any numbers on the pisont so i can see if its over bored or what size the piston is?

hey 97blaster86 I pmed you about buyin your motor I will have the money soon and i cant pm u cuz u have 2 many messages so delete some and then massge me plz I have a few questions