blaster starting problems.help help help plz plz plz

Should have just got a float needle and seat, other parts in "kits" are useless, as jets don't wear out, and may not be right for set-up.
Until you get carb straightened out as to leaks, etc, any other work will be futile.

BTW, Grammer Nazis will suggest breaking long posts into paragraphs, spaces, etc to make it easier to follow train of thoughts.

Not going back through, but Have you done a LEAKDOWN TEST yet ????????

Hi. yes sir that will be possible. i will get home tonight and make a video of what it is doing and i will post it through.
I realy appreciate all your assistance.
The promised video may shed some light on this matter!

How long did the engine hold pressure when you leak tested it?

It does not do it all the time. only afer a while of riding.

but wen the revw pic up for that short while the powe is incredible.

I will make a video and post in through tomorrow.

Yep definitely an air leak. You'll ruin the motor if you keep running it. Its getting worse as everything heats up and expands

It does not do it all the time. only afer a while of riding.

but wen the revw pic up for that short while the powe is incredible.

I will make a video and post in through tomorrow.

powers incredible cuz it is running lean.=
airleak/not jetted right/carb adjusted wrong/summin clogged:)

/\ /\ and that gives folks a false sense of security as it is running so strong, there cannot possibly be anything wrong.

/\ /\ and that gives folks a false sense of security as it is running so strong, there cannot possibly be anything wrong.[/QUOTE

did a pressure test but not sure what was the holding pressure. the guy just told me that the compression is 100 percent.
i have noticed that when riding last weekend. i had to ride with the fuel tap on reserve. the minute i turned the tap to on it startved and cut out.
also as i was playing with the air screw while idling it revs up very high and just keeps reving up very high till i cut the bike out at the ignition

some guys and myself are going to experiment tonight on the bike so i will make the video and post it tonight.

i know i have been promising to send the videa but got a bit tied up. apologies.

will send it through tonight sir.

i have replaced the carb kit which includes the jets and float needle and seat and gaskets as well as the fuel tap.

boy oh boy that blaster shows its true colours. almost kissed the ground when it lifted up in first gear.

guys that you ever so much for all your help.

just a silly question thou.
how much of oil do i put in the gearbox?

HI thank you for that.
did not get a chance to do the leak test as my mechanic was out of town the weekend.

so i decided to fit in that carb kit and reserve fuel valve and she goeslike a dream. absolute blaster dream.

Better get that leak test done before riding more. 2 strokes run best when dangerously lean. So many times people say "it was running the best ever and just died" because they melted their piston

Hi
can you please tell me what oil to use on a raptor 660?
it is a 2006 model .
Oo
is it possible for someone to send me an owners manual for a 2006 raptor 660?

by the way I still have a blaster and its running like a dream.

thank you