Blaster rebuild

yamahablaster19

May 13, 2013
Illinois
I'm redoin my 99 blaster. I bought it a little over a year ago for $900 and I fell inlove with it. since the carrier bearings went out I'm just goin to strip it down and redo it.

Already done:
Top end rebuilt
Oil block off

Parts to get:
Vito's +3 crank
Vforce 4 reeds
400ex rear shock
Hydro brakes
New plastics
New tires and wheels
Banshee hubs
Nerf bars
Bumper
Grab bar

If there's any other thing I can do to help with power let me know its goin to be a trail bike. Ill try to post pics when I can.

I would go with some aftermarket front shocks. Most people looks for good deals on used works shocks. That's where you get most of your speed on the trails.

I wouldn't take off your lid or drill it if you ride anywhere muddy. My lid was drilled by the p.o. the box always gets mud in it, I'm buying a CFM when I have the spare cash. Definitely invest some money in performance mods though.

I made a splash shield for the front of my air box. I ride dusty places with alot of water. Had no problems just gotta oil filter after riding one day

Could do this : http://www.blasterforum.com/engine-13/cylinder-porting-diy-25773/
Slot stator plate to advance timing.

Be sure to leak test befor running and start with jetting on the rich side and dial it in

splash shield? could you possibly put some pics up of it?

X2 I:I I think the water I'm getting is coming in between the fender and seat on the sides. I clean and oil the filter after ever ride but so much water gets in the box that I have to pull the drain mid-ride sometimes, not worth it IMO.

Re: Re: Blaster rebuild

X2 I:I I think the water I'm getting is coming in between the fender and seat on the sides. I clean and oil the filter after ever ride but so much water gets in the box that I have to pull the drain mid-ride sometimes, not worth it IMO.

I bought a outerwears cover, but I don't think it's too great. Probably wouldn't help much for blocking water neither.

I would go with some aftermarket front shocks. Most people looks for good deals on used works shocks. That's where you get most of your speed on the trails.

I wouldn't take off your lid or drill it if you ride anywhere muddy. My lid was drilled by the p.o. the box always gets mud in it, I'm buying a CFM when I have the spare cash. Definitely invest some money in performance mods though.

I thought about the front shocks but I didn't know what shocks are good for trail.
I wasn't plannin to take the air box off. My buddy's raptor doesn't have one and he gets water in it all the time. What's a CFM?

You should get a pipe before you do anything else
Slot stator plate to advance timing.

Be sure to leak test befor running and start with jetting on the rich side and dial it

The first thing you need is a pipe because the stock pipe is the worst and post some pics!

I'm gettin a full toomey pipe and Im not goin to mess with the timin since I don't know much about it and I don't want to mess anything up.
I'm new to leak testing. I didn't know anything about it till I got on this forum. How do you leak test?
I am gettin a pipe and I'm goin to try to post pics in a bit

You can quote someone using the button all the way to the right and then copy and pasting the sentence you want to quote in the middle
It will look like this (quote)(/quote) then you have to put the thing you want to quote in the middle hope this helps.

I'm new to leak testing. I didn't know anything about it till I got on this forum. How do you leak test?
This will show you how to leak test and how to build a leak tester.
http://www.blasterforum.com/do-yourself-20/build-use-leakdown-tester-10663/

What's a CFM?
It's an after market airbox. Here is one: Yamaha Blaster Aluminum Air Box Airbox Intake CFM Performance | eBay

And, Welcome to the BF.

Last edited by a moderator: