Blaster Piston After OVERHEAT.

danyoung582

Jul 31, 2009
Ohio
www.myspace.com
this is my wiseco piston from my 04 blaster...
mixed it 40:1 for a while its amazing how just that much oil difference can make such a heat difference...

-piston has heat discoloration
-rings seized to piston
-and piston cracked in one spot.

2wg7h3r.jpg

296n8tt.jpg

I think I just blew up my motor as well, Haven't had the time to tear it apart and check it out. But look at it as an opportunity to upgrade!!!

this is my wiseco piston from my 04 blaster...
mixed it 40:1 for a while its amazing how just that much oil difference can make such a heat difference...

-piston has heat discoloration
-rings seized to piston
-and piston cracked in one spot.

What ratio were you running before? If you change your mix ratio you will need to re-jet. If you went from a 50:1 ratio to 40:1 then you leaned the engine and would possibly need bigger jets. If you went from a 32:1 ratio to 40:1 then you might be rich and need to go the other way with your jetting.

What ratio were you running before? If you change your mix ratio you will need to re-jet. If you went from a 50:1 ratio to 40:1 then you leaned the engine and would possibly need bigger jets. If you went from a 32:1 ratio to 40:1 then you might be rich and need to go the other way with your jetting.

i was mixing 40:1
i just got the motor back together today and put back in, started 2nd kick mixed 32:1, seems like its running fine.

What caused the overheating? If all else was good, I doubt that changing premix ratio from 32:1 to 40:1 would cause that as long as your oil was rated as safe at that level? Some guys run 50:1 or less and report no issues. Just curious.

What caused the overheating? If all else was good, I doubt that changing premix ratio from 32:1 to 40:1 would cause that as long as your oil was rated as safe at that level? Some guys run 50:1 or less and report no issues. Just curious.

In my search for how to jet properly I have found many references to re-jetting when you change your premix ratio. If I can find the sites on my other computer I will post them. I believe that MacDizzy is one that mentions when you increase the ratio of premix from say 50:1 to 32:1 you leanout the jetting and risk engine damage. This probably would be most pronounced when you run the engine hard for an extended period of time and then role out of the throttle. The opposite would be true of going from 32:1 to 50:1 as you could experience an over rich condition as there is now more fuel in relation to the air fuel mixture. I only mentioned it because it made sense to me and I have come accross it enough in my readings to think that there is truth to this line of reasoning. I have yet to ask an engine builder but I am sure that the science stands up. I imagine that this is less of a concern for those who run their jetting a little on the rich side. Again, I was just sharing what I have learned from my research.