Blaster Performance for MX

nnnkb

Jan 27, 2011
Right now we are riding in a racing group, which allows 200ccm 2 stroke maximum.
We are riding a Blaster 2006, with the after market parts - 28 carburator, fmf-pipe, and the cylinder isn´t ported and polished, v-force3 reeds.

What we would like to know is, what we can do to increase performance for MX and whether there is a company who could help us to make the desired changes.

Has anybody made any experiences with the Nikasil - Aluminum - Race cylinder?

We appreciate any kind of help or suggestions. Thanks in advance!

you can get the CT kit or the Firebreather cylinder kit (the nikasil cyl kits you are referring to), you could also send your motor off to Ken Oconor (sp?) here on BF. I would work on getting the suspension setup before considering any motor work, whats the point of having all that power if you cant put it to use.

There's plenty of information on this forum if you do a little browsing.

if money is no object then get long travel a arms with some long travel elka shocks. also get a wider axle and an elka rear shock. get some good mx tires and talk to an engine builder and get a good mx setup from one of them. then once you get it all tuned in start upgrading the little things to make it lighter.

Newer lighter wheels, suspension (Entire new front end would be best if money is not a concern), tires, gearing, engine from F7 or ken o conner, axle, a bigger carb.
Thoes are the things you wanna start off with. Then anything eles could be your choice.

The first step was the chassis. My son ride two years with the stock engine.
Now it´s time to build the engine!

+2 A-Arms, Elka front and Elka rear shock, Axcalibar Pro Racing Axle, maier front plastic, nerf bars and so on.....

Last edited:
Welcome
sport-1.gif

icon7.gif
Map Of Where Our Members Live
I:ISlide Click on the link
Off Road Riding Areas and Parks

http://www.blasterforum.com/groups/mx-blaster-s-7/

The first step was the chassis. My son ride two years with the stock engine.
Now it´s time to build the engine!

+2 A-Arms, Elka front and Elka rear shock, Axcalibar Pro Racing Axle, maier front plastic, nerf bars and so on..... I:I

if you want more power and have to stay under 200c.
get your jug port. have the cases port matched. have the head cut/reshaped. get an exhaust. run a 28-30mm carb. run a pod filter (if it is a muddy track, run an air box, just not the stock one). build up the clutch, HD springs, billet basket, billet pressure plate, good fibers and steels. have the crank trued and balanced.
shave weight anyway you can without hurting the strength of the frame. cut ang grind off all unused tabs.

ive always wanted to do a 64mm bore and run banshee pistons with a +4mm crank setup,resleeve the cylinder with an aluminum liner and plate it.That would be a nice combo for MX racing

Where i can buy ( used or new )

Ken OConnor MX 200cc ported Cylinder? (cure or core cylinder?)

or

CT Sonic 200cc with head and cylinder (alu with nikasil)?

complete with piston maximum 67.00

Has somebody experience with a carburatoYSN30 ?

Thanks for answering;)