Blaster oil injection ROCKS! Why remove it?

joeak47

Apr 21, 2012
Northern NEVADA!
I'm new here,but have been lurking a very long time. I've read many threads about oil injection removal,oil injection block off kits,etc,etc,etc,etc.
I must say that I have NEVER seen one fail...EVER. Not saying it couldn't happen.but I'm just saying that alot of people get sucked into the hysteria,or popularity of removing it without looking at the benefits of the seemless system.

I've done lots of porting over the years,squish band heads,ets,etc,and must say that the yamaha auto lube has no problems keeping up with these modifications. If you've stripped the system from your blaster because of the looks,which isn't terrible in my opinion,or stripped it from your blaster to save weight at the races,I totally get it. I also get it when blaster owners say they like to mix the own oil/fuel ratios.

But... for me... I have never had any issues WHAT SO EVER. The engine gets plenty of lubrication,burns clean,and is maintainence free other than filling the oil tank.
When I've torn down these engines down for inspections,I've never seen any wear on the pistons,rings and bore unlike the blasters that have been converted to pre mix. No cylinder taper,or out of round. Just nice clean parts with no wear (or very minimal). I think proper jetting on my part is also important,and probably why I have never had any issues such as fouled plugs,hard starting,low power,etc,etc,etc.

my buddy's blaster (which I also did the port work on) and mine are ridden on 60-80 mile rides into the hot Nevada desert all the time. I'm talking to the middle of "no mans land",where if you had a problem,you would have a VERY long walk ahead of you,because cell phones do not work where we go. Hot weather (high 80's to high 90's) doesn't phase the engines either.

The reason of my thread here is just to say that the auto lube injection system is a very good system that alot of people have put down,not knowing anything about it. Its kind of like all the threads that I have read on here about the TORS system. So many people have said that its a "rev limiter"and that they got an increase in power after removing it...no its not a rev limiter. The blaster doesn't have one. Then I read that it shuts off the fuel supply (closes the carb) if there is an issue and goes full throttle...no.. it does not shut off the fuel supply. It kills the ignition. Its just an interupter for the cdi if the throttle switch and carb swith don't "match" one another. I get the reason why this is removed by most people. I removed mine too,but only so I could remove the box on on top of the carb for a cleaner look and a bit more room.

One other thing... If your new to the blaster engine and would like to port your own cylinder, I would like to recommend "Sport Port" porting templates by race logic. These will surprise the hell out of you! If you and a few buddies pooled your money for the templates and tools,and were willing to put some elbow grease into the time porting,you will be rewarded with a super reliable "Aggresive Trail Ported" cylinder on the cheap. :) Just don't ruin your work with too big a carburetor (you don't want to kill the air velocity) Too big a carb absolutely SUCKS. A good pipe is a MUST! we're at 4,500 feet above sea level,and are getting around 30hp and super reliability. A squish band head ups it a bit more. As an example how well these templates work...... with the stock mikuni VM26 carb we had to go from a stock #230 main jet to a #340 main jet. The throttle response is phenominal,because of the air velocity through the 26mm carb. You can have your flat slides. Velocity is everything!

Anyway,if you've read this thanks a bunch. If you have any questions,let me know. I know what has worked for me.

I dont know much about the oil injection, but i didnt get it with my blaster when i bought it. I think it just looks a little cleaner without the tank and plus i like the security of me mixing myself.

the oil injection systems work awsome the dt200 has a different oil system runs off a cable. mine actually did fail but like u said its rare they do. i think most do due to cleaner lookin bike and just the obilitly to mix what ya want. i havent seen much confusion with he tors thoo.
i love your idea on velocity many loose track of this thought, i still run stock carbs because of this idea. rock onn

Even though injection has a bad reputation, I too have never experienced a failure with the injection system, buy they do have drawbacks, other than asthetic and weight.

The need for bleeding the system after a flip, chances of damage to piping, and running the tank dry because of failing to check it for fullness.

There are too, a lot of good oils out there some of which are not suitable for injection.

I think you need to read more into the failures its not the pumps that go out its the cheap nylon gear used to drive them.

Same reason you can buy a replacement for the banshees waterpump gear theyre designed to wear first.

To me the few minutes it takes to mix 4oz to gallon and peace of mind i get from knowing one less thing can fail is more than worth it.

No doubt if maintained theyll last but unfortunately thats not always the case so most strip them and its one less headache.

BTW KOR has been using those templates and even has vids up youre late bro.Even makes it look it easy but id rather send them off to ken he makes a buck i get perfectly matched cylinders and we both are happy as a hog eating slop.

im a little confussed on the porting thing. i want to port my cylinder in the winter. i was told to get like a 28mm or somewhere around there. i was also told that the stock 26mm will hold it back if its ported. so ur saying if i stick with the 26mm, and jet correctly, iw will have more power and run better than say a 28 - 34?

im a little confussed on the porting thing. i want to port my cylinder in the winter. i was told to get like a 28mm or somewhere around there. i was also told that the stock 26mm will hold it back if its ported. so ur saying if i stick with the 26mm, and jet correctly, iw will have more power and run better than say a 28 - 34?

theres benefits for having a bigger carb (more air to pass by) but aswell there are benefits to having a stock carb ( tends to favor low end more, keeps engine turbulence high) think of blowng in a tube, use a small straw and u can force air through then us a big slushy straw and u notice more can go througgh but at a much smaller force. theres a sweet spot in between and i think its above the stock 26mm carb. as long as your jetting proberly you can make almost anything work.

theres benefits for having a bigger carb (more air to pass by) but aswell there are benefits to having a stock carb ( tends to favor low end more, keeps engine turbulence high) think of blowng in a tube, use a small straw and u can force air through then us a big slushy straw and u notice more can go througgh but at a much smaller force. theres a sweet spot in between and i think its above the stock 26mm carb. as long as your jetting proberly you can make almost anything work.

great description! lol
so a good size for .30 over, pipe, and reeds, and porting is like 28, 29?

great description! lol
so a good size for .30 over, pipe, and reeds, and porting is like 28, 29?

yea it could be!!
i haven't made the jump yet because im still working on tweakin internals but i know an fmf system and portin will cuz the engine to want to haul air through alot harder at top rpms. others on here know much more on carbs tho and whats best. stock carbs work pretty damn good thoo

yea it could be!!
i haven't made the jump yet because im still working on tweakin internals but i know an fmf system and portin will cuz the engine to want to haul air through alot harder at top rpms. others on here know much more on carbs tho and whats best. stock carbs work pretty damn good thoo

yea i agree. i also want to remove the brick on the top, and such. and i dont want to drill it out. so thats another reason

your still good with a 28.I believe going big on a blaster is not needed.Smaller carb is because the stroke is so short and less space needed to cumbust imo and leymens terms lol but Idk for sure.Its overkill.The 30 mm is no better than my 26 jetted stock.Better pull threw out throttle range and tad more precise with d slide maybe.I can see more benefit with a 28 airstryker for ported though imo.

Last edited:
I never ran the oil injection.But I have better peice of mind mixing my own.I have also done some ridding in nevada.Cant stand that loos sooty dirt in the area I road lol.But any way its inconsistant.I also had one on my ski and sometimes it would burn threw gas pretty quick telling me it was running on the lean side.I believe the oil injection runs 40 or 50:1 but could be wrong.32:1 keeps em cool for me.More parts and more to go wrong dont need it I guess.
Tors is crap.It leaks and strips threads under vibration and tunning issues.Allthough dont get me wrong.If it actually worked and your cable stuck wide open yes good peice of mind.But mine never worked any way.

your still good with a 28.I believe going big on a blaster is not needed.Smaller carb is because the stroke is so short.Its overkill.The 30 mm is no better than my 26 jetted stock.Better pull threw out throttle range and tad more precise with d slide maybe.I can see more benefit with a 28 for ported though imo.

i hope :D I:I well ssee when i do it! i cant wait tho lol

I never ran the oil injection.But I have better peice of mind mixing my own.I have also done some ridding in nevada.Cant stand that loos sooty dirt in the area I road lol.But any way its inconsistant.I also had one on my ski and sometimes it would burn threw gas pretty quick telling me it was running on the lean side.I believe the oil injection runs 40 or 50:1 but could be wrong.32:1 keeps em cool for me.More parts and more to go wrong dont need it I guess.
Tors is crap.It leaks and strips threads under vibration and tunning issues.Allthough dont get me wrong.If it actually worked and your cable stuck wide open yes good peice of mind.But mine never worked any way.

What ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????? Uses more gas , but runs lean????????????

Oil content in the mix bears little, if any relation to temperature, oil is there for lubrication, temperature is controlled by the quality of the burn.

Put more oil in the mix without raising the main and it will burn hotter!

What ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Oil content in the mix bears little, if any relation to temperature, oil is there for lubrication, temperature is controlled by the quality of the burn.

Put more oil in the mix without raising the main and it will burn hotter!

Lol no sh*t.What does friction create and what does oil decrease.I:I
And what happens when you run less oil.Runs faster burns fuel faster runs hotter.(This is where your plug chops come in handy)

Last edited:
Wether you use 25:1, 32:1 or greater quantities of oil, it should make no difference in temperature.

Oil does not cool, it reduces the friction which causes heat.

What I was getting at is that increasing the oil in the premix will not make a motor run cooler.

32:1 seems to be a good ratio for 200cc motors.

25:1 should increase compression some, but the extra oil will not decrease temperature, too much oil can cause friction.

Wether you use 25:1, 32:1 or greater quantities of oil, it should make no difference in temperature.

Oil does not cool, it reduces the friction which causes heat.

What I was getting at is that increasing the oil in the premix will not make a motor run cooler.

32:1 seems to be a good ratio for 200cc motors.

25:1 should increase compression some, but the extra oil will not decrease temperature, too much oil can cause friction.

Lol Im sorry blaaner I was just giving you a hard time..Yes in part you are right.But what Im getting at is 40:1 will increase running temps.Like say my situation.Its 100 dagrees out and running an air cooled high performance motor.Id Prefer to run it at 32:1 rather than running 40:1.40:1 will run hotter and be harder on the motor.But yes like you say you can also run hotter with to high oil mixture as well.

Feel free to give me a hard time, it keeps me on my toes.

Getting to the subject of the little aircraft motors. .What cc are they?

What fuel and oil do you use and what ratio of fuel to oil?