Blaster newb HELP! please

ThPranksta

Aug 21, 2012
North Florida
Just traded my kayak for an 02 Blaster. It ran ok for a few days and now it seems that the clutch may be acting up. It will shift fine through all gears but it just moves me 20 30 mph.If I give it gas it seems to rev but not go anywhere you know no BLAST.It was ok for the first two days,then gradually got worse,and it sounds real boggy. Its beat to hell and back so it's definitely a work in progress,but was wanting to ride it a few days before breaking it down all of the way.If its the clutch I'm going to attempt to adjust,or replace that,but if it's anything else I'm gonna break it down. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

if the clutch was slipping, usually they rev higher also.

and what you describe, that thing would be reving way up there, to slip that much.

And also to give a better idea what it is, really need some more info.

After market pipe ? jetting on carb ? it tors still used or block off kit. meaning is it still oil injected or mix your own gas.

Just traded my kayak for an 02 Blaster. It ran ok for a few days and now it seems that the clutch may be acting up. It will shift fine through all gears but it just moves me 20 30 mph.If I give it gas it seems to rev but not go anywhere you know no BLAST.It was ok for the first two days,then gradually got worse,and it sounds real boggy. Its beat to hell and back so it's definitely a work in progress,but was wanting to ride it a few days before breaking it down all of the way.If its the clutch I'm going to attempt to adjust,or replace that,but if it's anything else I'm gonna break it down. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

do a leak down test before you ride again! then if that checks out, do a plug chop to see wht the jetting is. jet accordingly. and if that checks out, take the clutch cover off and replace that clutch! also u can try to loosen the clutch cable a little.

All I can tell you is to read up on here. There's loads of info and your going to need to know most of it if you want to keep your Blaster running good.

Yeah nothing aftermarket that I can tell it appears to be all stock. Its been blocked off,I don't know the jetting yet. Can you guys point me to the link of someone on here that makes the leakdown tester. I loosened the clutch cable a bit and took it out for a ride(against advice). It cranks on the first kick easily,idols fine,started out acting the same but after about 5 mins it started to grab the power band. I'm thinking now possible fuel/carb problem. I did not run it hard,and parked it,but I would like to purchase a leak down tester from some one who knows what they are doing rather than build one myself. Thanks