Blaster issues with idle

David32123

May 3, 2016
I have a 2003 Yamaha blaster with a fresh top end all new gaskets and seals I cannot get it to idle properly and I can't go above 3rd gear it dies down it doesn't feel like it has any power like it did before please help with any possible fixes thank you

I have a 2003 blaster 200. Just have a fresh top end put in it. It is running with about 40% power and won't hit powerband. Bike will idol and run fine. If put at 1/2 throttle in neutral will run away to full throttle and hit rev. Plz help

I have a 2003 blaster 200. Just have a fresh top end put in it. It is running with about 40% power and won't hit powerband. Bike will idol and run fine. If put at 1/2 throttle in neutral will run away to full throttle and hit rev. Plz help

If you need more info to help just ask

It has an fmf powercore 2 jet size for that is 260 I believe air box lid on and stock carb I don't see how I could have a leak but it might it has all brand new seals on it as of 2 days ago
Simply torquing up the carb boot to over 5.8ft lbs can create and air leak.

Leak test before you start the engine again or it may rev too the moon.

Last edited:
when i put mine together i had a bad airleak around the intake boot going to the reeds someone had over torqued the crap outta my boot i ended up using silicone to get a good seal watch those youtube videos and make up a leak tester worth every penny unless you like doing engine rebuilds