Blaster Help!!!

sandancer

Mar 14, 2011
Athens Tx
Ive been in Little Sahara Nat. Park and been ridin for the last 3 days and my blaster ran like a bat outa hell then today after riding all morning we came back to eat lunch and chill for a couple hrs we went back out and as i sarted up a dune my bike just lost power and quit reving out. it will only rev when it wants to and i cant figure out whats causing this. i did blow my stock headpipe and replaced with a stock headpipe. dont know if that has anything to do with it. but if you know anything plz hep me out.. thanks

Ive been in Little Sahara Nat. Park and been ridin for the last 3 days and my blaster ran like a bat outa hell then today after riding all morning we came back to eat lunch and chill for a couple hrs we went back out and as i sarted up a dune my bike just lost power and quit reving out. it will only rev when it wants to and i cant figure out whats causing this. i did blow my stock headpipe and replaced with a stock headpipe. dont know if that has anything to do with it. but if you know anything plz hep me out.. thanks

check the air filter to make sure you didn't get sand past it into the motor.

do a compression test on it and see what that comes back as.

filter clean? did you try a fresh spark plug?

dont have an extra plug with us. has good compression and do yall sugest a certain kind of plug? E3 or Uridium to keep from fouling?

if its tuned well, you shouldn't foul a lot of plugs

did you rejet when you put the new airfilter setup on it?

have not takin the plug out yet.. bike is currently loaded in a 6 quad trailer with 8 quads in it and will not be unloading until tomorrow night. lol its a biotch to laod all those quads

Sounds like you destroyed your reeds newbie...lol...I remember when I was a newbie.. But you don't know till you take stuff apart.

reeds should be good just put new carbon flex on about a month ago. and it ran like a bat outa hell for 2 days then just slowly went down hill.. like i said it will act like its reved out but ive rode it enough to know when i have it reved out and when it wont give any more ill shift and it will just nearly burp out.. and it was all of a sudden

i would check the compression with a compression tester. if there is ANY possible way for sand to get in, it will. what kind of plug are u using? how does it look?

any local auto parts store should have compression testers, great tool to have. and if you are below 110 psi, you've got a problem.. also for your plug are u running an 8 or a 9? motor is all stock?

also dont have compression teser and how much does that run and what are good numbers for compression?

mine ran with 35psi of compression but wouldn't stay on. then i took off the exhayust and i could see the piston rings cracked, can you take off the exhaust and look for anything ovious?

check gas and gas lines it can be clogged thats what happend to me and it was reving when it wanted too,

got home and checked my plug and its burnt out but it burnt out clean.. didnt remove headpipe yet but do believe its the spark plug. will get into that reed cage tomorrow and remove headpipe. thanks for all yalls help. if you still think of anything it could be lemme know. thanks again