Blaster getting wayyy to much gas

04blaster200

Feb 17, 2013
ok so my blaster is getting way to much gas. It wont stay running unless i keep the RPM's really high. It smokes a lot and when it sits it leaks gas out of the exhaust where it mounts to the engine. i replaced the reeds so its not that. Im thinking i might have to adjust the float. its getting so much gas that when i let it sit for like a hour and i want to kick it over i cant because there is so much gas in the cylinder, so then i take the spark plug out and kick it over to get all that extra gas out of it, then it will kick over and start. if someone could please tell me what i should do thanks!!

before you blame the float height , check your floats , over time the gas can break down the plastic and the fuel can leak into the float , causing it to sink and never work like its supposed to. Pull them out and clean them , and then dunk them into a bowl of water and look for bubbles to come out. Bubbles equals Troubles , get new floats if thats the case.

The easiest way is the best way, and in this case the ONLY way . While you have carb apart, clean it, inspect float needle valve. If tip is worn or seems really hard, get a new needle, seat, external O-ring (for seat). Check the O-ring while you're at it.

i just got a carb rebuild kit like 2-3 months ago. so the float needle valve looks like new. i put my float in boiling water and it bubbled for like 8 seconds. then it stopped. should i buy a new float?

i just got a carb rebuild kit like 2-3 months ago. so the float needle valve looks like new. i put my float in boiling water and it bubbled for like 8 seconds. then it stopped. should i buy a new float?

why would you submerge it in boiling water ?
poached eggs ???

try it again in regular tap water, submerge it, if bubbles come off it ? it's cracked and water is entering the float ballast, which will throw the float height off
new ones will be required

The warmer temperature of the water causes the air in the float to expand and produce more visable bubbles.

If you shake the float you can hear if there is any fluid inside.

If it is cracked and leaking it must be replaced.

i dont hear anything in it. I reassembled my carb and it start up but it will back fire, sputter and the RPM's get higher when i pull my clutch in. I think i might have a air leak.

14mqc1y.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My blaster starts right up but slowly gains rpms without touching the throttle. so i was revving it and it randomly went WOT, then i tried to turn it off with the switch and it didn't so i left the switch off and walked away then it finally turned off after like 10 seconds. After that it started right up again. Would it be a air leak? or do you think its not getting enough gas. idk what do you guys think

If it revs up and keeps gaining speed and cannot be switched off with the key or switch, I would also suspect a starvation of gas caused by a blockage of the petcock, or crap in the entry to the needle and seat.

A cracked carby boot has been known to do the same, it will leak test fine , but when under vibration, leaks, and the more the vibration the faster the revs.