Blaster getting wayyy to much gas

Put a shee petcock on it, with a fuel filter and always shut fule of after riding. God knows what there putting in gas these days..i had a similar problem with a little sled i had and it sat for a while with fuel in the carb and well my float wasnt a float any more it was a sinker.. also it can work both ways by not getting enough fuel. Carbs should be cleaned often because any little tiny particle that sneaks past the petcock can clog things and make things stick. (I myself use a fuel filter on everything.there pretty cheap)' go with a shee petcock. And like someone said before take float off and hold it under water if any bubbles,,,,replace. Make sure float is set correctly...has it been sitting for a while before this started to happen??? Someone should sticky shut off fuel after riding!!!!! And whenever cleaning carb check the floats, i can't imagine how many headaches this would save..

Sorry i kind of jumped the gun there..yeah do a leak down test. Ummm there used to be someone on here who sold them hvnt seen them on or whatever for a while but if your pretty handy n got a local hardware store you can make one for cheap... it should almost be a must to have a tester it can save you lots of time and trouble down the road. I'm not sure If some one mentioned a quick kind of way about the starting fluid around the carb n gaskets.I'm on a stinking mobile device...:( i can't do much with this thing.lol.. best of luck..

Unless I am not going to ride for a few weeks I never turn my petcock off.

The only time it is off is when I drain the carb for maintainence or storage.

Clean fuel, clean conditions and regular cleaning/adjusting of the carb components will never see you with a puddle of gas on the floor.

The only sure fire way to test for leaks, is by leak testing.

You cannot test crank seals by the starting fluid technique.

i thought it was going to blow up, not gonna lie. So today im going to go to a local hardware store and make a leak down tester. Hopefully its a simple air leak. Do you think maybe its not getting enough fuel now? because i adjusted the float and it doesnt leak anymore. ill leak down test it and let you guys know

NEVER walk away from it when it gets into Auto-ignition mode you are damn lucky you didn't blow it to he!! . if it does this (runaway) put it in gear, hold rear brake, dump clutch.

http://www.blasterforum.com/do-yourself-20/build-use-leakdown-tester-10663/

http://www.blasterforum.com/searchr...f=FORID:9&q=how+to+make+leakdown+tester&sa=Go
Out of curiosity what if the rear brake dosent hold it back and you go for a wild ride. Do you just run into a wall and hope it dies?LOL:)

Well if you have POOPY brakes on the back I guess you can fix the brakes while you're getting the engine rebuilt or replaced, depending on the damage. Obviously Holding the rear brake means you apply as much pressure as possible, duh. Also the higher the gear the better

Unless I am not going to ride for a few weeks I never turn my petcock off.

The only time it is off is when I drain the carb for maintainence or storage.

Clean fuel, clean conditions and regular cleaning/adjusting of the carb components will never see you with a puddle of gas on the floor.

The only sure fire way to test for leaks, is by leak testing.

You cannot test crank seals by the starting fluid technique.

I never know with my schedule when I'm going to have time to ride again or even look at my quads so i always shut fuel off... i run it dry.than if its been a while i drain fuel and use it for the snow blower.

There's a time for when your S.O.L n got to work with what you got (specialy when your miles from home and you make reeds from a credit card) and there's a time to do it right... just saying.,,, if you got the time to do it right than do it right.if you have to compromise than do so.. better to do half the job than nothing at all..(especialy to get you home and not walking)...I'm not suggesting to cut corners at all in any way.but there are things you can do to give you a head start until you have the time or$$ to keep you going... I'm the guy you see on the side of the road doing a timing belt in under an hour than rather pay 200$ for a tow (actually i would get it towed free by myself but by the time i get the truck and back i would have it done) but i would rather do it right there.. time is $$$ specially these days...but all considering if you have the time do it right the first time and understand what you are doing.. there's nothing better than knowledge on what you are working on and riding. So when you even have a little for say hickup, you have an idea where and what to look for.. but the way did you figure out your problem? Do you still have tors?,,