Blaster engine in a pitbike

blasterboy32

Jan 9, 2012
harrisburg, pennsylvania
I havnt been on here in a couple years since i sold my blaster but just finished a project putting a blaster motor in my pitster pro pitbike and thought id share.

Attachments

• pinger_1787506569_2.jpg
    pinger_1787506569_2.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 1,464
  • pinger_1787505609.jpg
    157 bytes · Views: 360
Only rode it around the yard so far but ran into a problem. It keeps spinning the rear wheel inside the tire and ripping the valve stem off the tube. I went through 2 tubes already so ill have to come up with a fix for that.

Yes i custom fabbed the intake.

do pit bikes have the tire/rim lock on them? like dirtbikes have a valvestem and another nut/stud that is a "shoe" inside the rim that pinches the tire to the rim to take the stress off of the tube

I'm not sure on bike tires about beadlocks, but I'm sure there is considering drag bikes and all. There is a product called bead sealer that helps seal a bead and makes it not so easy fir the tire to spin on the rim. You should be able to get it at any local parts store. Its great fir aluminum rims that oxidize over time and give you a slow leak. Pretty much a must have if you change your own tires...

Nice looking swap btw. looks like fun. :)

Last edited:
you can buy pit bike rims with rim locks in them, my friend has a klx110 that he has built into a 200 and he had to put a locking rim on it

If that bead sealer doesn't work, get a bead lock. drill a hole oppisite valve stem. Or another way would be the old drag race "trick" of running screws through rim and into bead. Maybe 4 per side evenly spaced. Length would be thickness of rim+bead-1/8.

Looks cool tho I:I Might consider more oil in trans because of tilt of engine.

The fmf is off a cr 125 or 250 i forget.

Thats a good idea to add a little extra fluid in the transmission. I dont even remmber whats suppost to go in blasters? Is it suppost to take atf or dirtbike gear oil? Is that even a close guess hahahaha

You may be right. I just rode it for the first time and it doesnt feel quite right but not sure if its jetting or something else. I think there might be detonation but ive never heard what detonation sounds like so i cant be certain. It is definitely lacking power. Im gonna try rejetting it and see how it runs.