blaster doesnt want to start/run when wet

blastermaster94

Apr 11, 2011
northern florida
it just finished raining and i thought i would take my blaster through some puddles. usually it starts first kick it took 4 or 5 to start and then when i hit a puddle it shut off and barely started again. i just finished replacing most of the electric stuff. do you guys have any idea why it did this

My old rm125 did that, then one day it blew up.What happened was i wrecked bad and ended up in the hospital then when i was all better diden't think about looking the bike over and went rideing.Every puddle i'd hit it would want to die, soo i held the throttle wide open till it cleared out.Eventually after doing this for a week or 2 the motor siezed.While tearing it down i noticed the boot that connects the carb wasen't connected, and there was the reason.

So if i was you i would deffinatly stop rideing as of now, and go over the quad.It sounds to me like something with the intake is loose or sucking in air where it isen't sappost to be.I also would check the oil injecter nipple on the carb and see if it was ever blocked off.

i took the carb completely and put in a cleaning vat last month and it has ran good before it rained. im chaning the oil right now so i cant see how good it runs now. i guess i will clean the air filter next

That could do it. The plug wire that is.

My stator cover is easy to remove. And it seals back up if I remove it. You might just wanna pull your stator cover off anyway and make sure theres no water in there.

I had a problem like that.If I hit a puddle hard enough my bike would start to die then i would have to wait till it dries off.. What I did in my case was to disconnect all the wires and spray some electrical cleaner like this CRC/11 oz. electronic cleaner (05103) | Electrical Parts Cleaner | AutoZone.com then when they are all clean make sure they are not loose when you put them back in.(if so squeeze them till they clip together tight)You could use a little bit of sandpaper to clean up the ends a little.And finally before you put them together put dielectric grease on everything. Permatex/.33 oz. (9.355 g.) dielectric Tune-Up grease (81150) | Lubricant/Grease | AutoZone.com ....... Dielectric grease is whats going to keep the water from getting to them again.

Water alone wont cause a short on a wire with a single path of electric travel. Water will only short one wire to another or to a ground.

Neither of the 4 wires coming off my stator have a water tight seal but I can spray my quad down, drive through water and mud and it doesnt die.

However if water gets into the stator it can cause the coils to arc to ground and create shorts so power never makes it to the coil. Likewise theres several thousand volts of current going through the high tension lead to the spark plug. As mentioned before, the coil wire itself being damaged could cause this, the body of the coil being cracked really could cause this, water in the stator could cause this, and water getting into the carb could cause this.

Also, if the die electric grease is put on too much, and 2 wires with the grease touch, that grease because its electrically conductive can cause a short between 2 wires.

So, if you are going to use it, use it sparingly. Dont gob it on. And wipe anything off that comes oozing out.

Hello. thank you for you information. I think you can take a look at your carb.

WOW Gold
Buy WOW Gold
Cheap WOW Gold
World Of Warcraft Gold

This guy seems legit...
thatsthedoor.jpg

Water alone wont cause a short on a wire with a single path of electric travel. Water will only short one wire to another or to a ground.

Neither of the 4 wires coming off my stator have a water tight seal but I can spray my quad down, drive through water and mud and it doesnt die.

However if water gets into the stator it can cause the coils to arc to ground and create shorts so power never makes it to the coil. Likewise theres several thousand volts of current going through the high tension lead to the spark plug. As mentioned before, the coil wire itself being damaged could cause this, the body of the coil being cracked really could cause this, water in the stator could cause this, and water getting into the carb could cause this.

Also, if the die electric grease is put on too much, and 2 wires with the grease touch, that grease because its electrically conductive can cause a short between 2 wires.

So, if you are going to use it, use it sparingly. Dont gob it on. And wipe anything off that comes oozing out.

Like I said in my case thats what I did.If when you hit a puddle and it gets under your hood and your bike dies do what I said.And you can use as much Di-Electric Grease as you want nothing is going to happen.

Oh, mac is right. I dont know what I was thinking. Die-electric grease isnt conductive. Its neutral. It gets displaced by metal to metal connections but forms an air/water-tight seal around the parts that are connected.

Sorry for the bad info.

Oh, mac is right. I dont know what I was thinking. Die-electric grease isnt conductive. Its neutral. It gets displaced by metal to metal connections but forms an air/water-tight seal around the parts that are connected.

Sorry for the bad info.

That deserves some rep points...lolI:I