Blaster build about to start

There's what the front looks like with blue plastics. Don't like it at all. Here's where I got to today. Trying to get the tie rod nuts tightened and the last ball joint tightened and ill call it a day.one more question I want to make sure I'm putting these tie Rods on right. The end that attatches to the stem goes in from the bottom and the outer end goes in from the top?
IMG474.jpg

IMG475.jpg

IMG476.jpg

Haha. The previous owner did that. I was thinking about leaving them for a little while bc they're powdercoated and in good shape but ill probably change them to black. I just put them on to get it into a roller

I'd leave them powdercoated, it's better to have something different anyways, silver and blue is too popular, my first blaster had about 6 or 7 different colours haha

i made some progress today. got the axle painted then ran out of paint for the carrier so i ran to the store. now waiting for the carrier to dry and the adjusters and ill bolt that on. got the hubs painted and ran the brake and clutch cables. also painted the front brake assemblies. ill get pics up later tonight of the progress

yes its just spray paint. the disc and the hub it mounts to were off but i got lazy. i know i shouldnt have got paint where the calipers touch but figured it would wear off or ill just hit it with a sander real quick

Got the rear brake on tonight and got the wheels painted. Its a shame I had to paint Ito polished aluminum wheels but the previous owner screen them up. All that's left to do is rebuild and install the motor,run the wiring harness and tighten a few bolts then put the plastics on and it done and ready to break in after I leak down test it of course

Can I hone a cylinder and still use the same piston that was in it before or will it not fit? Also what is the measurement for piston tolerance? I think that's what its called or how much space between the cylinder wall and rings and piston.

I'm at a buddy's shop right now working on his sprint car and he has a tool to measure bore size and all that stuff. If anyone has all the specs of an ideal cylinder and piston clearances post them. Thanks

Can I hone a cylinder and still use the same piston that was in it before or will it not fit? Also what is the measurement for piston tolerance? I think that's what its called or how much space between the cylinder wall and rings and piston.

Yes, as you wish-
dbb14d5e.jpg

0612088c.jpg