blaster boggin out

EXtremeRider

Aug 28, 2009
so i had gotten my topend rebuilt.. got everythng put back together.. i was riding in about 5th and i bog out..this only seems to happen when im opening up the throttle .. again this had happened wen i was also cruising in 3rd.. my question is.. if i didnt get my blaster ported wen i got her bored.. is this problem due to not havin it ported? if anyone has had similar issue would like to hear input.... not enough air getting in therefore boggin out?

just the toomey b1 kit and 68mm bore with oil block off.. runnin 32/1 premix... umm my jettin would be the same as stock except for the main pilot jet toomey gives u to install ..and im runnin the stock carb.. lookin to get new reeds and bigger carb

Sounds like you are going lean, possibly midrange. Do a plug chop at the point where you are bogging and see what that plug looks like. Then again, most people (i've noticed) don't run as large a jet as Toomey gives with that kit (300), so you might be fat, but either way, you gotta check.

You DO have the lid off, right?

(and no, porting shouldn't be an issue)

may I ask the type of bogg?

when your on the gas is it sputering or more like a flat whooooa?
current temps and altitude would help too....

sputtering ..rich

whooooa..lean

said it was a 98 but haven't checked into that

mods are all from PO including
wore out main and seals ...fixed
excessive pison wear and huge ring gap...fixed
no brakes....got fronts now.crappy!!
shade tree head stud....fixed
22x12x8 supper swampers... hard as a rock...looking
hack saw pastics...whatever???

have not found other mods by PO ...I tore the engine out 2nd day I had it and kicked the carcuss out back under a tarp!!!

hope to mod the engine into an old rm frame and use it in both the rm and blastard

maybe with alot of patients the blastard POS 4wheeler will put a grin on my face;)

aite guys my bad for the delay...
location , ill / my airbox is off and i have a K/N or my new uni air fiter.. TEMP/ WINTER WEATHER .. my bogg was ... three or less sputters while i was trying to keep her from dyin out.it dies out quickly ..idk wat whoooa is lol.. from wat most of u said it sounds like im runnin lean wit the over sized jet.....But im curious to know if my reeds could be an issue plus the carb , how much better would i be runnin with these upgarde?

If you have a toomey pipe with the air box lid off I would say between 280 and 310 for your main jet. Depending on how cold it is where you live.

sorry didnt see you had a toomey tommey gives you a 310 bump that up to a 330-340
i was running a 340 in my stock carb