blaster aftermarket rear shock w/ rezzie?

BlasterCash

Apr 15, 2014
Hampton Bays, N.Y.
Ok so I bought a used blaster rear shock with rezzie on eBay for 40 bucks, just got it today and superficially it looks pretty decent aside from a slight scrape/gouge on the reservoir, the problem is that I've been looking for a similar shock to compare it to and there are none! Anyone have any insight on this matter? The only numbers/markings I can find on it are A2 1S300 on the arm of the reservoir. I would like to post pics if someone would be so kind as to tell me how lol. Any ideas?

1399317274488.jpg

Also the eyes arent plumb level to each other in reference to lining up properly into the stock mounts, possibly I need to screw the top of the shock clockwise and tighten to line them up?

That is not a blaster shock. I dont know what it is or if it will work. To line the holes up just grab them and spin them until they line up.

This might or might not be a silly question. But why put a used rear Blaster shock on. When for about the same price you can buy a 400ex. There is a significant difference in the ride.

It said "aftermarket used blaster rear shock" in the description. I chose this over the other options specifically because I wanted a bolt on upgrade without having to modify anything or especially cut the airbox. So when I saw this, I figured it would be the best bet. I have extensive mechanical knowledge and know a great deal about the blasters now thanks to the forum. I was not confused that this was a stock blaster shock, only hoping someone might recognize this particular shock as either an older discontinued aftermarket rear blasty shock much like the adjustable lrd pipe(which I also have) that is no longer in production, or something else...

that IS NOT an "aftermarket" blaster rear shock and it WILL NOT work, top may bolt on but prob not and bottome def wont. also 400ex shock (the red one) is no mods realy, you drill the bottom out with a 12mm bit to fit your stock pin set up that's not modding to me, and you buy KOR bushing and top bolt kit for $20 or so also not modding and slap her in nice and snug with some grease of course.. no mods no cutting of air box at lease on mine. stock swing arm stock air box, stock plastics, she went rightttttt in and was $70 total and that was for a like new shock

looks just like the yfz450 shock i have on the black bike,
it's prolly like 16-3/4" long ?
which is way too long for the blasters stock mounts, i moved my lower mount back 1-1/2" to retain stock ride height
and not look like the air shock 70's camaro down at the trailer park

might still need the ken oconnor racing top bushing/bolt set for the top mount ?

Looks a helluva lot like the 450 shock awk

http://m.ebay.com/itm/251510327124?nav=SEARCH

But measures 15 eye to eye so I guess I shall see tomorrow.

Also found someone with a good vitos 240 jug head and piston with rings for 200 + shipping was wondering if that might be a good buy over porting my stock jug, seems like it might be worth it for the price...

Last edited by a moderator:

now that you posted that link, i do see the differences with the resivior post angle, so i'd say it's not

i think motoman is correct, it does look like a rappy660 rear shock, based on the shape/angle of that resivior post.....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/04-Yamaha-R...Parts_Accessories&hash=item58af514a38&vxp=mtr

Also found someone with a good vitos 240 jug head and piston with rings for 200 + shipping was wondering if that might be a good buy over porting my stock jug, seems like it might be worth it for the price...

If you do not plan on getting the 240 cylinder ported than just get your stock cylinder ported.