Blasteer, I need help, I need help !

chevys9

Sep 14, 2013
You guys told me before when my bike wouldn't start that it could be my woodruff key and I was positive it was but I jus got my woodruff key today after 2 weeks shipping! But I put it in and I still can't get it started ! What else could it be!

Engines need 3 things to start and run.

Compression. for a Blaster over 100psi

Fuel at the correct quantity.

Spark at the correct time.

What have you done to see why it is not starting, refresh our memory?

Was the old Woodruff key sheared, if so were the tapers in good condition?

Did you replace the spark plug?

Have you checked for a constant dribble of fuel when the bowl drain screw is opened?

What is the compression?

Last edited:
compression is 128 new spark plug and yep i tested the carb and it was a little wore out nothing bad at all tho flywheel and crank were perfect

If you then have good spark, it may pay to remove the carb and reeds.

Check the reeds for gaps and cracks, fully clean the carb and set the float level.

What do you mean the carb is a little wore out, there is nothing to wear out in there other than the float tang?

alright went and checked my reeds and cleaned/adjusted my whole carb but still wont kick over it backfired once but that was it

Back firing is a sign of too much fuel. How do you "test" a carb? Swap to another quad? Did you check the float level?

Take the plug out and hold a bit of white cloth over the hole and kick.

If the cloth shows any sign of o il or fuel, it is possibly flooded.

If so, drain the carb, hold the throttle wide open and kick till your leg hurts.

Put in a new plug and then try to start it.

alright ill try that after work and let ya know hopefully this works or im burning the beast!

hey i used a white cloth and there wasnt a bit of colour on it.... i i screwed my spark plug cap on a new peice and now has a better blue spark but still wont fire spits once in a while but thats it

Any chance you are using one of the "R" products? Ex... Ricks/Ricky/Ricky Stator/Uncle Ricky's/Ricardo's, Etc... stator , coil or both ??

Engines need 3 things to start and run.

Compression. for a Blaster over 100psi

Fuel at the correct quantity.

Spark at the correct time.

What have you done to see why it is not starting, refresh our memory?

Was the old Woodruff key sheared, if so were the tapers in good condition?

Did you replace the spark plug?

Have you checked for a constant dribble of fuel when the bowl drain screw is opened?

What is the compression?

Like stated here, you only need a few things for it to run. If "timing" were off a bit it would still "spark" (possibly run) so if you have an adjustable stator plate it could we way off either way +or -. "Fuel",,, Have you checked to see if you have steady fuel to the carb? Crack float bowl screw and see if fuel flows out. By you saying you used a brand new white rag and there was "nothing" says you aren't getting fuel. The fuel these days likes to eat and clog things (Specially when we let it sit for a while). Then there is "air". Both in and out meaning the air going in needs to come out. Filter needs to be clean and no critter nests in intake plenum nor in exhaust (it happens often when things sit especially when it starts getting colder).