Big Bore vs Port/polish

bigdblaster

Feb 17, 2008
Kittanning.Pa
i got some questions is a big bore kit really worth it i heard u only get about 4hp gain.Then i thought about porting and polishing but i read on it that unless they have the air tool to test how much air travels through the ports in a minute its worthless.And i also heard that when air travels over a smooth surface it gets lazy not sure what the term was they used it was a big word lol.So i just bored mine over .150 almost maxed got boysen pro reeds new jets new uni air filter with vents for air box and full toomey bi pipe and block off kit lookin for a slightly bigger carb if i added the port and polish would i notice much of anything in the power gain.Let me know what u guys think and what other mods can i add???

yes u will notice a big difference with a port and polish.....but as for the nig bore ...ive heard that those unported arent very good.....but there is a gus that does a triple exaust port to a stock blaster cylinder...pretty well similar to the big bore but cheaper.....but yes the porting is well worth it flotekperformance - Home
he did my porting and i coulndt be happier

Flotec does great work, a port job by him will smoke a vitos 240. I know from experience. But if you get a 240 then port that, that would be one hell of an engine.