Big bore kit differences

Oh okay so that's we he got rid of his old cylinder/piston/head! That's gonna be a bad ass engine when he is finished with it, maybe I'll do a project like that too after I'm done with this one :)

ohh yeah it is, my airsal bbk is quite nasty so i imagine a LA is even a bit better :eek: I:I. congrats on teh purchase dude, ur gonna loooove the powa haha :D

ohh yeah it is, my airsal bbk is quite nasty so i imagine a LA is even a bit better :eek: I:I. congrats on teh purchase dude, ur gonna loooove the powa haha :D

Well thanks & ps- I'm jealous of yours haha! But I actually just got it In the mail a few hours ago, he shipped it so damn fast. I'm very pleased with it so far :) I'm not sure what the cut head is supposed to look like but the only difference I can see appears that the cooling fins are trimmed down/grinded some how. Idk if that correct or not. the sleeve and piston are in great condition too, hardly any scratches on them! My only concer and reason for this post is that I can't tell if it really is ported. Honestly I'm not sure what to even look for. I compared the new one with my old one and didn't see too much of a difference between the cylinder ports. The main thin I looked for was widening of all the ports... I was looking for grind marks around the edges to see if it was larger then the other and I had trouble telling if it was. Maybe its because im inexperienced to this & it's my first time dealing with this sort of thing? I'm currently waiting for my older brother to take a peek since he knows alot more then me and can tell me for sure if it's actually ported out. Oh and the one I received in the mail is clean inside, no soot, or oil,or black exhaust on the inside walls or port openings! So it appears to have definitely been cleaned but that doesn't mean it's ported. Chances are that it is though since everything else is exactly as the seller said it would be. Sorry for not taking pics cause I'm sue you guys could of confirmed this for me, maybe tomorrow I will upload em if I can figure out how to do it... I'll keep you guys updated though

Well thanks & ps- I'm jealous of yours haha! But I actually just got it In the mail a few hours ago, he shipped it so damn fast. I'm very pleased with it so far :) I'm not sure what the cut head is supposed to look like but the only difference I can see appears that the cooling fins are trimmed down/grinded some how. Idk if that correct or not. the sleeve and piston are in great condition too, hardly any scratches on them! My only concer and reason for this post is that I can't tell if it really is ported. Honestly I'm not sure what to even look for. I compared the new one with my old one and didn't see too much of a difference between the cylinder ports. The main thin I looked for was widening of all the ports... I was looking for grind marks around the edges to see if it was larger then the other and I had trouble telling if it was. Maybe its because im inexperienced to this & it's my first time dealing with this sort of thing? I'm currently waiting for my older brother to take a peek since he knows alot more then me and can tell me for sure if it's actually ported out. Oh and the one I received in the mail is clean inside, no soot, or oil,or black exhaust on the inside walls or port openings! So it appears to have definitely been cleaned but that doesn't mean it's ported. Chances are that it is though since everything else is exactly as the seller said it would be. Sorry for not taking pics cause I'm sue you guys could of confirmed this for me, maybe tomorrow I will upload em if I can figure out how to do it... I'll keep you guys updated though

Its ported for sure,, i seen the intake pic in the add. Compare it when you pull your off, you will see. throw some pics up here.

the cut head is referring to the combustion chamber being reshaped not the outside apearance at all. a stock jug does not have the little holes on the sides of the intake, dont worry man, you will be happy lol ;) I:I

Haha okay guys, ya I noticed the intake looked a little different to me too, but honestly I wasn't 100% sure cause my old cylinder is totally filthy and covered in black soot/exhaust so it was hard to compare a clean one next to a dirty one and be sure (at least for a noob like me lol) I was kinda thinking like "ya it looks ported... But maybe it's just an optical illusion & just my wishful thinking!" lol. So anyways, hopefully I can upload some pics tomorrow and put tour curious minds to rest lol jk. I'm prob the only one who is still iffy about it. But once I slap that hog on and hit power band I'm pretty sure it will convert me to a believer... Praise Jesus! Hahaha

HOLY sh*t GUYS!!!!!! I just got back from a test ride after the install... AMAZING! It's an entirely different beast. I am so pleased with it. Seriously if anybody is thinking about getting port work done and hasn't had it yet, DO IT! Trust me on this one you won't be disappointed, it's well worth every penny. I wanna thank all you guys for the support,help, and advice through out this process. Me and my 3 buddies just dug in to it and got it done pretty fast. Before this project I didn't even realize you had to make sure the arrow ontop of your piston was facing your exhaust ports... Or that there was even an arrow on top at all! Now I can take apart the motor and slap it back in confidently. Thanks to everyone who helped me in here and my buddies I've learned alot more about 2 strokes. Well anyways just wanted to let you know it went well and the port work is phenomenal THANKS TO FLOTEK! The front end comes up so easily and I haven't even finished my major mods yet. I still need a bigger carb,fatty pipe,reeds, and the 33mm stroker kit. Lol all I gotta say Is wow what a difference, I love it.

Rock"N"Roll !!!!!!!! .....I'll be getting mine next week from Colby and I feel like the kid in the xmas movie... Quote: "your gonna shoot your eye out" LMAO

But if I were you I would send your spare topend to Colby and have him do an agressive trail port done ....this guy has great communication skills and will port to suite, Hemi the head the works ...thats who built mmajays banshee I aint sayin Im just sayin LOL

Last edited:
Rock"N"Roll !!!!!!!! .....I'll be getting mine next week from Colby and I feel like the kid in the xmas movie... Quote: "your gonna shoot your eye out" LMAO

But if I were you I would send your spare topend to Colby and have him do an agressive trail port done ....this guy has great communication skills and will port to suite, Hemi the head the works ...thats who built mmajays banshee I aint sayin Im just sayin LOL

Lol I was exactly the same way when it came in the mail, I was sitting on the floor Indian style tearing the box open all excited! And yah you are gonna love it!it has ssoo much more power it's crazy to think that one mod did this, now I know what everyone was talking about before lol. Good luck with your build man, keep us posted & try to get some good pics too. I was to anxious to take em so I just pit it on but thinking back now it would of been cool to post a couple & show it to everyone. And ya I'm totally getting my spare one worked out too once I get the rest of my mods done. I'll look into that Colby port you mentioned but I gotta say I'm extremely pleased with FLOTEK, quality work that backs up all the hype. I can't wait to take it out for a nice rip today... Oh and I wanted to ask if I'm supposed to break this cylinder in, it was used but had low hours on the bore according to the seller (only 2 hours). Should I take it easy for a while or what?

HOLY sh*t GUYS!!!!!! I just got back from a test ride after the install... AMAZING! It's an entirely different beast. I am so pleased with it. Seriously if anybody is thinking about getting port work done and hasn't had it yet, DO IT! Trust me on this one you won't be disappointed, it's well worth every penny. I wanna thank all you guys for the support,help, and advice through out this process. Me and my 3 buddies just dug in to it and got it done pretty fast. Before this project I didn't even realize you had to make sure the arrow ontop of your piston was facing your exhaust ports... Or that there was even an arrow on top at all! Now I can take apart the motor and slap it back in confidently. Thanks to everyone who helped me in here and my buddies I've learned alot more about 2 strokes. Well anyways just wanted to let you know it went well and the port work is phenomenal THANKS TO FLOTEK! The front end comes up so easily and I haven't even finished my major mods yet. I still need a bigger carb,fatty pipe,reeds, and the 33mm stroker kit. Lol all I gotta say Is wow what a difference, I love it.

Glad it worked out like i knew it would for you, Just imagine when you do get your pipe and carb and in the future throw on that spacer with your 3 mm crank and most likely you will agree that a stock cylinder is all you need if done right as well as your port timeing is off a slight bit now most likely and when you get that matched up perfect with that new crank, LOOK OUT.

I havent steered you wrong so far in this thread and if you do end up getting additional work shoot me a PM and i fill you in on a little secret .

If that jug has had some port work done, you should consider a main re jet, as it is going to breathe differenty.

Leak down test, and plug chops.

I would have been inclined to have lightly honed the bore and treated the unit as fresh ,and proceed as if from new.

If you have just assembled the motor, it is a good idea to do break in procedures, heat cycles, re tension head and jug.

lol glad ur happy man I:I, mmajay and elvis are right about colby (chutzell), he would without a doubt be my guy if i didnt use flotek but im happy where im at I:I again man, glad it worked out for ya and happy to see ur excitement

Glad it worked out like i knew it would for you, Just imagine when you do get your pipe and carb and in the future throw on that spacer with your 3 mm crank and most likely you will agree that a stock cylinder is all you need if done right as well as your port timeing is off a slight bit now most likely and when you get that matched up perfect with that new crank, LOOK OUT.

I havent steered you wrong so far in this thread and if you do end up getting additional work shoot me a PM and i fill you in on a little secret .

No you certainly haven't! And ya I wanna get the fly wheel key to advance my timing 4degrees also, I didn't even think of that until you just said it, but about a month ago I started thinking about that and decided I wanted it but totally forgot that this work I got done now would screw my timing up a little bit. I think my next move is gonna be the carb & then I'm gonna shoot for the stroker after that. Hopefully i can have enough saved up for in in the next 2 weeks... Unless I let my 3 month old son run around w/o diapers then I can get it in a few days haha jk. Oh and thanks again for telling me about the topend. It wouldn't even be running right now if it weren't for you so thanks man!

If that jug has had some port work done, you should consider a main re jet, as it is going to breathe differenty.

Leak down test, and plug chops.

I would have been inclined to have lightly honed the bore and treated the unit as fresh ,and proceed as if from new.

If you have just assembled the motor, it is a good idea to do break in procedures, heat cycles, re tension head and jug.

What exactly are plug chops & heat cycles? So your saying I should retension my head and cylinder now after it's already been installed? I used a torque wrench when installing it last night...

lol glad ur happy man I:I, mmajay and elvis are right about colby (chutzell), he would without a doubt be my guy if i didnt use flotek but im happy where im at I:I again man, glad it worked out for ya and happy to see ur excitement

I will definitely check his work out, what's the .com address to locate his page?and thanks, it's like an early Christmas for me! Lol

What exactly are plug chops & heat cycles? So your saying I should retension my head and cylinder now after it's already been installed? I used a torque wrench when installing it last night...

plug chops are gonna tell you exactly what ur motor is doing...basically when u plug chop u get to a spot where u can open the bike up and hit 6th gear...while in 6th gear pull the clutch in and kill the bike, then pull the spark plug out and have a look...its tough to see but the will be a burn ring at the base of the porceline..that ring should be a cardboard brown color, that basically tells u that ur main jet circuit is dialed in perfect...but u also need to watch the overall look of it too...if the plug is super dry and white...its running lean... if its soaked with gas and oil its rich, ur plug will tell ya what u need to do I:I

yes, after doing the heat cycles, the head and base bolts need re-torqued,
due to the gaskets expanding/contracting from the heat