big bore blaster complete rebuild

methanol_junkie

Mar 29, 2009
Coweta,ok
i am completely redoing my blaster this winter

well one of my blasters...i have 3

the motor is just about what i want it to be it is a vitos 240 bb and 3mm crank with boyeson reeds and airstrike carb motor runs good i jsut have to put a clutch in it this winter which starting slipping at sahara this past weekend while i was there

i am planning on having the frame powder coated blue and getting the white carbon fiber plastics from maier so if anyone has a picture of these plastics i would love to see them

i will post up a pic of the bike now and another pic after i get everything done i can this weekend

if anyone has any other ideas PLEASE give me some ideasI:I

here are a few pics

Attachments

• blaster.jpg
    blaster.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 246
  • blaster2.jpg
    blaster2.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 225
yea i have a +4 swinger for it and im hoping i get a set of those new fox airshox for my yfz and i can use my yfz shocks for the blaster

this bike usually only sees sand you think the a arms are worth it?

i also have a ftz alky carb for sale i cant post in for sale yet it is alsmost new

it has a degree key is the plate worth the extra?

I've heard the degree key doesn't actually move the stator that much. I can't say that the adjustable plate is worth it or not because I put everything (ported bbk, stroker crank, vforce3 reeds, carb, pipe, timing plate) on my motor at once.

yea i have a +4 swinger for it and im hoping i get a set of those new fox airshox for my yfz and i can use my yfz shocks for the blaster

this bike usually only sees sand you think the a arms are worth it?

i also have a ftz alky carb for sale i cant post in for sale yet it is alsmost new

The YFZ shocks wont fit on a Blaster without at the least +2 a-arms, but I think you need +3 arms.