• mazda

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • datsun

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • dodge

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • international

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • honda ridgeline (honda's attempt at making a truck lol)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • GMC

• nissan

• Total voters
I love my Chevy Silverado 1500. It has never left me stranded, and its always useful for something. However, I had a Ford Ranger as my first truck, and it did great until I got in a wreck and totaled it.

One of the main reasons I like Chevy trucks is that their engines are built with older technology, and are therefore easier to work on. No timing belts or mulitple overhead cams to worry about. Try even changing spark plugs on a 5.4 Ford Triton V-8, and you'll understand what I'm talking about. Granted, this is a chain-drive SOHC engine, but its still tough nonetheless.

I'll keep my Chevy. Plus parts are everywhere, and since they made so many of them, I'm confident that I can still get what I need when something breaks 30 years down the line...

Last edited:
Anything that's domestic is my 1st choice, then it's got to be a 3/4 ton or 1 ton, then it's got to have a diesel... so that narrows it down to a 6bt cummins or a 7.3 powerstroke :D

I choose the 5.9 cummins...

Love chevys the most for trucks dodge and ford tied for second, but my first car and my second car are both mopar made lol

I drive a 2000 GMC sierra, hasnt let me down and i am able to do all the work on it myself, like braaap was saying with the triton spark plugs, you are linking at hundreds or a grand for a spark plug change. so says my mechanic who works at a ford dealer.

I have always been a bit of a Ford man, having owned at least a 1969 F100, 1976 Bronco, 1981 Bronco, but also had a 1974 Dodge 4x4 and a 1978 Dodge 3/4 ton fulltime 4x4 with a 360 police 4bbl motor and 4 speed stick shift. I drove a lot of trucks in the army, including the humvee and several variations of the CUCV. I have to say, my favourite "truck" was this one:

smallvf.jpg
vandoor.jpg
vanbush.jpg

A 1 ton E350 van with the 6.9 diesel and fulltime 4wd, 3" lift, 35" tires and odd enough, a limited slip in the front.

chainnzm.jpg
chainr.jpg

It could pretty much go anywhere and what it couldn't carry, it could tow...

73-87 chevy k10/k20 had a 74 scottsdale for a plow truck never let me down even though it went through hell and back.... very durable trucks... other brands anyhow.... 96 and older ford f series.... yota with 22re is damn near bulletproof dodge..... mehhh.... not a fan of the transmissions in them

For me, it's Ford all the way. I've owned 3 Rangers, currently a 98 4X4 extended cap with a 4.0 5 speed. The first one made it to 309K, then one day coming home from work it just lost power. It made it home and I parked it, never ever tried to figure out what went wrong, I just went and bought another one. The 2nd one made it to 291K, when the transmission started grinding. Then I bought my current one. It's at 165K now and has no issues at all. I will admit that the Fords need the front ends rebuilt about every 100K miles. Other than that I change the oil and filter about every 5K miles. Late fall every year I change the gas and air filter, PCV valve, flush the radiator, check the belts and hoses and grease everything.

I have always been a bit of a Ford man, having owned at least a 1969 F100, 1976 Bronco, 1981 Bronco, but also had a 1974 Dodge 4x4 and a 1978 Dodge 3/4 ton fulltime 4x4 with a 360 police 4bbl motor and 4 speed stick shift. I drove a lot of trucks in the army, including the humvee and several variations of the CUCV. I have to say, my favourite "truck" was this one:

smallvf.jpg
vandoor.jpg
vanbush.jpg

A 1 ton E350 van with the 6.9 diesel and fulltime 4wd, 3" lift, 35" tires and odd enough, a limited slip in the front.

chainnzm.jpg
chainr.jpg

It could pretty much go anywhere and what it couldn't carry, it could tow...

lol looks pretty cool, could you haul your blaster in the back with no seats?