Best trail riding exhaust

Nitro Blazer

May 11, 2008
Glen Allen, VA
Wondering what exhaust would be the best for trail riding. I've been looking around on ebay and can't decide what to get. I really want a toomey b1.

I've heard FMF is outdated and not worth the money but I really don't know.

I'm thinking of doing a V-force reed upgrade and a larger carb when I do the exhaust too.

Will these upgrades increase the top speed any or just make it scream up to 50mph real fast??

And do they make a bigger carb that accepts the oil injection?

And lastly what are some good sites to buy all this stuff from. Ebay has a limited selection.

see if you could get a duncan pipe...there the best for banshees on the trails so maybe its the same for the blaster right???? and the other stuff will get you up to speed faster and i dont think they make a carb for oil injection

nahh fmf are great for trails but if u just do average trail riding stock is alright because most trails ur not gonna be using extream power

FMF are good for stock trail riding...thats what they are built for. Toomey are good also but expensive. Dont stay stock because, you will notice a good gain even with an FMF or toomey.

My brother d.jackson_12 has an almost new full FMF set up for a decent price. PM him for more info!

I would highly suggest a 14t front sprocket. You will get better top speed. The blaster gearing is so short that the accel loss isn't even noticeable. Trail riding would be good with a bottom to mid pipe. The pro circuit adds quite a bit of bottom and mid. It would be comparable to fmf.

lrd duncan and toomey are good midrange pipes ,fmf is more of a tame lower rpm trail pipe

nahh fmf are great for trails but if u just do average trail riding stock is alright because most trails ur not gonna be using extream power

lol. idk how you ride, but stock pipes are junk unless you like ridin around like grandpa. you will notice a big increase with any pipe over a stocker. i realy like my shearer, especially with the porting :)

I had an FMF and it was a nice exhaust but there are better choices for your money out there. I upgraded from the FMF to a CT now.

fabb_3;116159Toomey are good also but expensive. Dont stay stock because said:
they are only $350 last time i checked they are roughfly the same price as a Trinity pipe and full FMF sst and the Tommeys come with jets, filter.
go for tommey if your not going to do much with your motor. I:I

i agree w/ flotek, dg is hardly better than stock.
fmf has the shortest band of all the pipes. it's not much of an upgrade.
a 2stroke's pipe is a HUGE factor in engine power. if you put on a good pipe, you should notice a large difference in engine performance.
i'm running the shearer like hick and that sumbitch pulls HARD on the bottom end. it's great for trail riding cuz you can pull the sh*t out of the corners since the hp stays high at the mid and lower revs. also makes acc strong since you won't drop hp when you shift up.

tell you what my fmf runs good with my portwork and such but couldnt even imagine with a nice lrd or something

if i were you i would get 14/40 gearing for more top-speed and then id prob get a toomey pipe, and i wouldnt get the carb unless you have some engine mods more than just a pipe and reed because if you get too big of a carb then you will lose power, and i would get a uni airfilter

i'm running the shearer like hick and that sumbitch pulls HARD on the bottom end. it's great for trail riding cuz you can pull the sh*t out of the corners since the hp stays high at the mid and lower revs. also makes acc strong since you won't drop hp when you shift up.

i was riding yesterday in my yard after FINALLY getting the banshee axle on (i'll put up a post about my repeated beatings with an 8 lb sledge later), ground was completely frozen and the holeshots were hookin up nice. i was almost sitting on the tank and every time i accelerated in 2nd or 3rd it would wheelie on me without tryin. still gotta do the timing advance and bigger carb too. MORE POWR!!!

hell yeah man. i did some road riding the first time i took mine out w/ the shearer and she'll pull up real easy on concrete!
also, yamaha blaster03, i wouldn't gear for top end if you want to do mostly trail riding. you want mostly bottom and mid power for trail riding since you're doin a lot of engine braking for corners and curves and pulling hard out of them. trail riding is mostly low end acceleration. very rare for trail riding to require more top end performance. top end is good for drag racing since you're winding up the gear and trying to balance your shifting on the peak.
so for trail riding you want to either get smaller tires, add teeth to the rear sprocket or drop teeth from the front sprocket.

normally i would agree with you on that guam, but not on a blaster. they are geared so freakin low to begin with. i like my 14/40 and may drop to 14/38 later. but then again, she's screamin while i'm ridin her thru the woods. it may as well be a drag quad hahahaha

yeah, they are torquey as sh*t stock, but i think that makes em that much better for the trail.
but you're def right about them being geared pretty damn low....the bottom gears cycle through in less than a second on a hard take off!