Best thumb throttle?

best

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
www.glinx.com
I need a new thumb throttle.
Of all the designs of thumb throttles, which is the best and why?
Looking at used, new and aftermarket and other makes (ie: Honda TRX 250R, Banshee, Moose Billet, Terry Cable Dual Gasser, etc)
If you can find pictures to post along with your views, that would be great!

Last edited:
Yep the 400ex Thumb Throttle is nice , its longer than the Yamaha one . I'd like to score one myself . My buddy's shee has one and he dipped the lever in that doit yourself bed liner coating , total no slip action .

Cheap too I scored mine new for $23.

PC110004.jpg

I have a honda one on mine, not sure what quad it came off of besides it was honda. It has a really nice feel to it though

never knew that made that combo, should allow more room for mounting handgaurds !!!!

I was watching one on eBay but the price shot way up at the end. What's the big deal about these to go for the price they do ?

yeah...$40 sum ???
i'll just got the with the billet terry cable

:DChinese motor parts nuff sayd.:D

Yeah, that is what I am worried about.
Far more important is how the throttle feels, smooth and easy.
I gotta say, the Blaster throttle is a lot smoother than my snowmobile.
Anyone have any experience with those Chinese brake/throttle combos?

I am just barely able to mount brushguards, and from my enduro background, I love them!
This is my current handlebar set up, only 3" higher now with a stem lengthen:

230528_10150236712345803_549110802_9083945_6420706_n.jpg

I run brush guards on the shee with the ex thumby no problem.
I'm pretty shy about Chinese stuff. I've been burned too many times being a sucker for a good price.
What they say is true- you can go broke saving money.

Paulie B : Are you running a large carb with that Honda thumb throttle? Had to take a lot of material out of the Blaster unit to fully open a 40mm carb ... the arm inside needs to travel nearly 1/4" farther than with a 34mm carb ... now have quite a bit more rotation/travel in the lever ... Anyone know if a 400ex thumb throttle will open a 39/40 mm carb?