Best engine swap opinions

Xtrmlivin

Feb 21, 2010
Cen-cal
So my plan is to upgrade one of my blasters and my ? Is what would be the best engine swap I could do I'm not to worried about cash and as far as modding goes I can cut and weld like a 6th grder but I can manage. Also the motor would have to be a significant improvement over a ported 240 +3 stroker. Thanks for any help

ported big bore stoker yz250 would be sick

or a yz400 that's been worked.....

or a yz490

cr500
the biggest thing like moto mentioned is the pipe, and any one of these engines will be really sick...but you need to gave good solid welds to keep them from cracking, none of these motors have counterbalancers in them and will vibrate a good bit.....the tube on the frame is pretty thin, so the longer the weld the better

ported big bore stoker yz250 would be sick

or a yz400 that's been worked.....

or a yz490

cr500
the biggest thing like moto mentioned is the pipe, and any one of these engines will be really sick...but you need to gave good solid welds to keep them from cracking, none of these motors have counterbalancers in them and will vibrate a good bit.....the tube on the frame is pretty thin, so the longer the weld the better

yup.. redline rednecks kxt250 blaster has been rewelded and reinforced 2 times already

Now is a 490 a 2 stroke cause I'm not interested in going to a 4. Is the 490 and yz250 water cooled? I have a friend that has an atc250r for sale asking 400 will that motor fit my frame?