Best Blaster mods for cheap money

Well guess jsut depends what u mean cheap where i live i can get bigger piston done for roughly 150 and thats everything

bigger piston wont help.. porting and a good pipe are the best power mods. suspension would be 400ex rear shock and banshee fronts. what year is your bike, depends how much you want to spend really.

cheap mods iv gotten into are:
-porting cylinder
-pipe
-re-jet
-banshee axle (need banshee brake hub to go in)
-find a scrap bike and take the handle bar caps that hold the bars in and flip them on your bike gives a 1 in lift on bars better for standin up can add more but risk bendin steering stem
-removing the oil injection
- people say drill holes in the airbox i dono bout that tho mine is dont by the guy before but personally i think its stupid cuz if u look at the air snorkel off the box then look at the carb both r the same size so why need more holes :S
-u can make your stock timeing plate adjustable if u drill it out
-power reeds r pretty cheep for there bang aswell

Last edited:
Well guess jsut depends what u mean cheap where i live i can get bigger piston done for roughly 150 and thats everything

You never bore a blaster to gain power. not enough there to be had. it only feels more powerful bc you go back to full factory compression after the overbore and piston.

Reactions: Face78
removes TORS and oil injection, almost free. if you have 02' or earlier you can flip front wheels.

DIY porting....best bang for no buck you can get.

Seriously? are people seriously jsut blindly recommending now doing diy port work...there is alot more to it than jsut watching Kens video, you need to have some knowledge of what each change does to your motor, what tools to use if you mess up something etc etc...This is jsut something someone should do on there engine, unless you have a spare one you could practice on..

Seriously? are people seriously jsut blindly recommending now doing diy port work...there is alot more to it than jsut watching Kens video, you need to have some knowledge of what each change does to your motor, what tools to use if you mess up something etc etc...This is jsut something someone should do on there engine, unless you have a spare one you could practice on..

i didnt say he should do it, all i said is that it is a cheapest way to get power - which is what he asked.
Granted you HAVE to know what you are doing, it would take a real idiot to just dive in and grind away not knowing the consequences. Obviously when you consider porting, you need to research, read and learn about what you are doing.

cheap mods im doing to the g/f's blaster are flipped front wheels,boysen power reeds,free fmf gnarly that came with the bike,removed the air box lid,jetted for the pipe and air box,no toil air filter,+4 timing mod.

Your need to define cheap.Youre not going to find the holy grail of power through low buck mods.

Like the age old saying goes...."Speed costs money!How fast do you wanna go"?

UNI airfilter 14/40 gearing shee front shocks 400ex rear shock and DG exhaust. haha do not mess with dg exhaust they suck lol

Ok dumb question but what do you mean flip the front wheel is it just swap sides or flip over what sorry for being dumb

Stock rims are offset meaning that the mounting flange is not in the center of the rim. Flipping the rims will give you a wider stance. Simply take each tire and stay on the same side but just flip it around. Look at it and you will notice the difference.

Also anyone have any info ont this handle bar mod? Making the bars sit up a inch higher....

Reactions: BRIAN REITZ
cheap mods iv gotten into are:
-porting cylinder
-pipe
-re-jet
-banshee axle (need banshee brake hub to go in)
-find a scrap bike and take the handle bar caps that hold the bars in and flip them on your bike gives a 1 in lift on bars better for standin up can add more but risk bendin steering stem
-removing the oil injection
- people say drill holes in the airbox i dono bout that tho mine is dont by the guy before but personally i think its stupid cuz if u look at the air snorkel off the box then look at the carb both r the same size so why need more holes :S
-u can make your stock timeing plate adjustable if u drill it out
-power reeds r pretty cheep for there bang aswell

I have the drilled holes, i dd it with my new pipe nd rejetted, then covered the holes nd the bike ran rich, pretty good proof that drilled airbox helps