BBK and carb info

delbow

Sep 22, 2010
Central IL
www.saltforkpaintball.com
Hello,
I am new to the 2 stroke scene and have a few questions for you guys. I have a blaster with a vitos 240 bbk, fmf fatty pipe, vented box lid, and uni filter. Now my question for you guys is weather or not to stick to the stock carb with proper jetting or to use this pj 34 I have in the shop. I have seen in my searches some people say they are using them of the 240 kits but is this going to be practical? Also what jets should I be running a ballpark estimate would be very helpful.
Thanks guys!
-Dan

Stock carb will work but will greatly hinder performance. The 34pj will really open that bike up. However I do not have a 34 carb so I have no clue what size jets would be optimal.

well like he said. it is better to run a bigger carb with a bbk. and is it a bbk or just a .040 over bore? if youre new to 2 strokes then its good to know. when i bought my blaster i thought it was a 240 kit but turns out it is just a .040 over bore.

I am only new to performance work on 2 strokes I have built several 4 stroke bikes so I am familiar with some of the lingo and parts of the 2 stroke world. Just wasn't sure if the PJ 34 was too large for the small amount of performance parts I had on it and where I should start out with the jetting. I just don't really know how 2 strokes flow in comparison to a 4 stroke figure I would ask the guys who know these quads.
Thanks for the replies!

the 34 will work fine with it it will realy wake up that 240. stock carb works but just isnt gana let the 240 breath like that 34.
if you realy want it to scream then i would sugest some port work to open it up and a better pipe fmf is great but isnt so great on a 240.
i would sugest a vitos, f7, lrd, dyno port, or cpi theres are just somethings most people do to realy make some power outa these little blasters