Banshee project... Screaming yellow zonker...Jetting help requested...

joeak47

Apr 21, 2012
Northern NEVADA!
I'm getting ready to start my banshee project and need some input on the jetting. I'm working on porting another set of cylinders for it, but just want to ride it for now until the cylinders and head are done.

Its bone stock, but will be adding FMF fatty pipes and turbine core 2 silencers.

I'm trying to save time and want to get it in the ball park after adding the pipes.

Altitude...4,500 feet

Temperature... 80 degrees.

Carbs... stock mikuni VM26

Fuel ... 91 octane pump gas.

Leak tested engine and its good to go! no leaks. runs like a champ. The stock jets are 200.
Just want to add the pipes and silencers and re-jet. All the info I can find is for sea level, or a bit above sea level. I'm at 4,500 feet. I believe that for pipes, uni filter in the stock box WITH lid and no snorkel a good starting point would be maybe 300 mains? If in doubt, I'll start bigger and walk my way down. Just trying to save time by using your help. thanks in advance, Joe

Last summer I was running almost the exact same setup before I switched over to a single carb., but at 1000 ft.

Mains were 280, Pilot 27.5, needle middle clip. 93 octane, with SuperM 32:1.

Over the winter I went back to a dual carb setup, and got a DMC 916 System. As soon as I find some time, I'm going to get it dialed in. I'm starting with 290 mains, and 30 pilots for it. I'll gladly work down as well.

Unported 4mil, FMF signature pipes, Vito's reeds, K&N, no lid, 900ft
300m summer, 330 on ice
27.5p
stock needle middle
a/s 1 1/2 (+-)
With your alt probably 280, maybe even 270. You could start @ 300 (might not run [well]) 290 would be plenty safe. Most use 27.5p, some use 30 , I may try 30 to see if it helps starting issue some.