banshee or polaris??

darrendee09

Jan 7, 2010
am after selling my blaster & looking a bigger quad
looking at 2 atm one is a banshee 2003 and the other is a polaris 500 troy lee edition...both around the same price i just want one for messing about on.which would be the best..

it all depends on how you feel and what kind is the 500 preditor or scrambler and the banshee is gonna be fast but u have to maintain them just like a blaster and other quads

its a polaris 500 preditor troy lee edition which one would be faster..both going up the gears and also top end

its a polaris 500 preditor troy lee edition which one would be faster..both going up the gears and also top end

the predators arnt bad..
i think the choice is ganna come down to where will you be riding it...
if you like sand and open trails then the banshee will be more fun
but the predator is ganna do better in the trails and its going to handle better

That year Polaris doens't have the KTM motor in it. Most ppl are going to say don't get to Polaris b/c they are all junk. Well most of those ppl have never owned a Polaris. Polaris sport quads are not the fastest and havn't done well in compitition so everyone says they are junk. Yamaha could take the same 500cc quad and slap there name on it and it would become the most bad ass quad ever made. That being said, like someone else mentioned before I would make my choise on what ever riding style you are going to be riding. The Polaris would be a better trial quad with the smooth power band and better low end TQ the 4 stroke provides. I think it also has a reverse in it also but not for sure. The Banshee would be faster but I would have to say the Polaris would have a better suspention on it b/c they do use Fox shocks. The Polaris will be better on gas and you wouldn't have to mix it. Also that model Polaris doen't have a lot of aftermarket parts. IMO you might be better off looking around for a Suzuki Z400 as performance would be around the same as the Polaris 500.

go with the polaris....easyer to maintina then a banshee and the polaris is better for trails

have you ever owned a Polaris?

they literally fall apart..... we own one and one of my friends has one, and both have fallen apart lol

2 broken frames on ours, 1 broken swingarm and more......

We own two now and we love ours in fact we are getting a third on in the spring. We beat the piss out of ours one is a 2000 and the other is a 2003 they both run good. People who say polaris is junk obviously don't know polaris very well, if you take care of there stuff instead of sittting on your fat f*ck ass eating potatoe chips and watching opra and would take care of your quad and greased it and checked for maintance issues you wouldn't have to worry about your polaris breaking. Last time I checked we have pulled out a lot of yamahas that can't make it through the sh*t our polaris can with sh*t tires thats pretty sad. Now to ansewer the guys question its all depends on what kind of conditions you ride in, if you trail ride deffinently polaris. When it comes to water crossing the banshee will suck water. If you are like dessert riding or on wide open trails deffinently banshee.

exactly what they said. if your just messing around. i would go with the polaris. I have a banshee and love it, but the brakes, suspension, ect ect are just outdated, you will love the handling and braking and suspension of the polaris. if you are wanting something just flat out fast and good for mx, then the banshee is the way to go. dont let anybody tell you either one too much maint, they arent. two strokes need top ends more often than four strokes, but four strokes cost alot more to keep fresh, valves, cam, ect.

I have never seen either one run and I am not up talking polaris I think the polaris outlaw 525 IRS could hang or even beat the shee.

On the trails maybe but there isn't any way an Outlaw 525 would keep up with a Banshee in a drag race. A Banshee is a great quad but it does cost a lot to rebuild. 2 pistons, 2 cyl. to bore, 2 plugs, 2 carbs to clean, and to get a new crank cost a lot of money. When you upgrade pipes or anything you have to jet 2 carbs. I know you said you could find a Outlaw 500 and a Banshee aeound the same price but if I was going to get another 2 stroke I would look for a Honda 250R.

Ok here is a better question. What do you ride? what do you want out of a quad?
Do you want a badass 2stroke high reving twin thats awesome for open riding?
Or do you want to trail ride, maybe hit some jumps and stuff?