Banshee Hydros Re-writing the rules

Racer51

May 19, 2011
Northwest Ohio
The answer to will Banshee spindles fit a Blaster, Yes bolt-on Not exactly With a big enough hammer anything will fit anything.haha
Down to buisness
The tools required required are a 17/32-inch drill bit anda 3/16 inch drill bit. A 1/4-20 tap,electric drill and possibly a dremel for fine tuning. The 17/32 drill bit is used to ream out the Blaster upper ball joint. Use the dremel to fine tune the fit of the banshee spindle. With the spindle in the ball joint, mark the position for the bolts. Drill the spindle with the 3/16-inch bit and cut the threads in each hole with the 1/4-20 tap. Use 1/4 inch grade-8 bolts through the slot into your new holes, clamping the ball join to the spindle.

I got the instructions from Winston "Boss" MacKannick from the Dirtwheels Dialed August 2011 pg 122 and have copied and shared with all of you. Hope to find this helpful to all who read it.

Last edited:
Re: Banshee Hydros Re-wrighting the rules

you are doing this right? should post up some pics. so if i am right i can just buy a complete shee front hydro set up and it will work sweet.

yes, this is known on here to be possible, but we use the correct size "reamer" to inlarge the hole to a tapered fit as needed for our ball joint to fit (dualstroke knows what size reamer is required)
it is also considered by some of us harder riders to weaken the spindle and be somewhat dangerous,
betcha i could break one where and how i ride !!!!!!
i have a set laying here, i will not run them, nor give/sale them to anyone, they just look too weak at that connection
$100 for norman420 spindles is well worth knowing i won't be taking ANOTHER lifeflight helicoptor ride off the mountain, at least not from a spindle failure
just my .02 cents

yes, this is known on here to be possible, but we use the correct size "reamer" to inlarge the hole to a tapered fit as needed for our ball joint to fit (dualstroke knows what size reamer is required)
it is also considered by some of us harder riders to weaken the spindle and be somewhat dangerous,
betcha i could break one where and how i ride !!!!!!
i have a set laying here, i will not run them, nor give/sale them to anyone, they just look too weak at that connection
$100 for norman420 spindles is well worth knowing i won't be taking ANOTHER lifeflight helicoptor ride off the mountain, at least not from a spindle failure
just my .02 cents

ive heard/seen this method also and i agree with awk...did i just say that?? lololol :D

I gotta agree that the Norman Spindles are the E Ticket ride , No substitute . Only other option is buy a full set of blaster Hydros like I did .

ive heard/seen this method also and i agree with awk...did i just say that?? lololol :D

you had to agree with me at least once this year. after all i paid your dues and your running my "qoute" at the bottom of your sig
hahahahahaaaaaaaaa

I've got the order in for the Norman spindles, it just seemed like the right option. Did a little searching around the forum and found only good things about them. Awk hooked me up with a good set of calipers, and I scored a set of hubs from the wonderful world of eBay. Should be able to mock them all up when I get the spindles in.

Not trying to thread jack, more of a plug for the going theme.

I also agree with awk... I also dont like running the banshees spindles on the stock blaster A-Arms because of the angle difference... LOOK at the pic, the blaster spindle is on the left and the shee spindle is on the right.. BUT when i get some ASR +3 up 1 A-Arms i may get them with the shee upper ball joint so i can run with the shee spindles because i dont like the pinch bolt on the blaster spindle, and i THINK there will be more clearance between the upper ball joint and wheel..

001-13.jpg

People sit in cars on railroad tracks all the time, russian roulette is a fun game, sky diving is mostly safe, and working on high tension power lines pays well. As the saying goes "but it only takes once"

There! I fixed it for you! You're welcome 8-|
Your concern for my well being is noteable, but I'm extreamly confident that I'll never crash my blaster.......in the 7 years I've been riding I've only had 2 small accidents. The first I backed up into something I shouldent have on a friends Honda 300 4x4 the second I draged a knee on my then yz250 sleaper through an acre and a half of soy bean field. And by some feat I'm alive and kickin.
[/QUOTE] People sit in cars on railroad tracks all the time, russian roulette is a fun game, sky diving is mostly safe, and working on high tension power lines pays well. As the saying goes "but it only takes once"
Yes people sit in cars on railroad cars on tracks. But my grandpa was an enginer on CSX for 30yrs.and never had an accident he was in fact rewarded for itafter he retired. Russian rulet is fun when there are no bullets in the gun and the hammering pin is filled down, and skydiving can be fun I guess as long as the flight instructor packed a parachute insted of an anvil. and powerlines are pretty safe when your wearing insulated rubber glves and o-yea the power is shut off.
Things are only as dangerous as you make them out to be. Thats why luck favors the prepared SI.
The reasons I'm doing it is because 1 I'm broke 2 I'dont really care because I have the parts and I going to put them to use because the've been great the past 15 years and I dont waste my "food" as leftovers. and 3 I weigh 190 and dought thats enough to break reinforced steel joints spindes for light MX hills and drag racing. Mabey if it was a weak tie-rod I might give you credit but come on. Every one can bash an inovative idea but hardly anyone can defend it. thanks 79bronco and joshrabbit14

i am currently running the setup that you are trying to make a diy on. reamed out banshee spindles is retarded. i have the setup, and i refuse to ride on anything but flat ground with them, and even then i'm paranoid that i'm going to loose the front end, and smash my balls on the handlebars before flipping over them and getting killed. thats why they are retarded. and by the way, i have spindles on the way.
let me make this simple for you guys planning on doing this mod....

Reamed out banshee spindles made to fit on blaster ball joints = Less safe than a $10 high street hooker.