leager a-arms ?

crash

Jul 2, 2016
So I bought some used Leager +3 +1 a arms for my 88 blaster. The upper ball joint fits fine it has the cutaway for the bolt to hold it all together. Butt the bottom joint is a different style just a threaded bolt with no cutaway. my spindles are to small to accept the nut that holds the lower ball joint together. Do I find a nut that will fit in my spindle?, buy a different type ball joint have them pressed into the lowers? Ide like to get hydro disks up front too banshee parts be my best bet? idk what to do next......

do some measurements on the ball joint tapers and see if it has the same profile of the old ones. If not, and you press them into the spindle, you will bugger them up!

Sounds like leager uses a larger bottom ball joint and all you need to do is ream the bottom spindle to accept the ball joint. This is/was common on some aftermarket brands of a-arms.

Ok cool, it will fit through the hole, just no room to fit the nut on. I have a reamer I'll try.
I think it may be a different style ball joint? The top one looked like stock. and the bottom one has no slit.
That's how it should be ?

Yes that's correct. The blaster uses a top style pinch bolt and the bottom ball joints are tapered style. Some aftermarket arms use tapered ball joints top and bottom requiring banshee spindles. If you do a search on the forum I have posted a snap on part # for there reamer that works well with yamaha ball joints a few times in the past.