Banshee exhaust dilemma need info

Budget_Blaster

Dec 25, 2009
Illinois
Ok i posted this in the engine thread partially but here it is in detail.

Im ordering exhaust for my banshee and i wanted the TOOMEY T6 but its not in stock so i asked what was and they have fmf fatty,sst,pro circuit,dmc alien,alien 916 2-1 and the toomey T5.

Of the mentioned exhausts which is the better exhaust?Im leaning towards the DMC alien or T5.I ride everything from back roads to tracks and everything in between so id like the broadest power band availible from idle to redline.Of the DMC and T5 who makes more power on a warmed over banshee?My mods will be fully rebuilt from the case halves all the way up with STD bore wiseco forged slugs,boysen biilet dual stage reeds,14/41 gearing,jetted stock carbs,uni in stock box,HD clutch,basically your normal bolt on (IM TOO LAZY TO TYPE IT ALL OUT).

Im at a stand still since im new to banshees so those of you who have ran these or are more familiar with building these than myself please drop a line as to your opinion.Thanks

I decided to go wioth the T5's over the aliens.

The T5's sound and look amazing and from what i gather make more power anyone disagree?If so why?Im looking for performance first sound second.

The motor eventually get a BBK of some sort but thats quite a ways out from now.For now im just going to build it back with oem sized fresh bores and wisecos and run it like for a while.

the DMC's and the T5's are very similar in design in the expantion chamber. i've never run the DMC's but have read were people like the hit of the T5's a little better.
the FMF SST pipes are very similar in power delivery to the T5's as well.

the T6's were more designed to work better without porting (according to Toomey) but the right porter can make them work just fine. (i had some with Flotek porting).

the T5's respond well with just about any type of porting you can throw at it. if you have it ported for the woods, then it'll work just fine. works great for topend as well.

when you say BBK, are you talking about bigger sleeves in the stock juggs? if so, thats not a good idea due to the large sleeves filling up the transfers in the casting. aftermarket big bore cylinders are a different story though.

the DMC's and the T5's are very similar in design in the expantion chamber. i've never run the DMC's but have read were people like the hit of the T5's a little better.
the FMF SST pipes are very similar in power delivery to the T5's as well.

the T6's were more designed to work better without porting (according to Toomey) but the right porter can make them work just fine. (i had some with Flotek porting).

the T5's respond well with just about any type of porting you can throw at it. if you have it ported for the woods, then it'll work just fine. works great for topend as well.

when you say BBK, are you talking about bigger sleeves in the stock juggs? if so, thats not a good idea due to the large sleeves filling up the transfers in the casting. aftermarket big bore cylinders are a different story though.

No i was looking at one of the vitos kits or the cheetah kits.

I've had a shee all my life well for like 15yrs now I've had toomey t5s loved them hit hard in power band I've had fmf fattys an ok pipe kinda a all around pipe pretty weak pro circuit pipes a real good pipe with a great mid range liked them to I now have CPIS don't know how they would run on a stock motor but they run great on my 421pv cheeta. Trinity has a sweet set of pipes n every1 says there a great pipe

Well at this time i cant afford to do the BBK/stroker kit like i want to but id like to get the most out of my stock bore/stroke basnshee.And of all the pipes ive heard (SINCE I CANT VERY WELL RIDE THEM ALL) the toomeys have the sound im after.Id like to be able to test each pipe and find my liking but thats impossible.

I see no ones said "NO" dont get the toomeys and that combined with the sound clips ive heard says i shouldnt be disappointed.One thing im curious about though is how do the finishes hold up on the toomey pipes?Im all about looks as much as performance to me they go hand in hand.My fmf pipes have all held up well and when they start to dull i hittem with a little polish and they have that luster and shine like theyre new again.

Toomey finish is pretty nice, good quality pipes. If it were me i would keep my eyes peeled in the for sale section @ banshee HQ. There is allways people upgrading pipes to cpi or shearer and selling toomey.