banshee axle install - brake disk not lining up with caliper?

Colby

Sep 1, 2012
Saint Joseph, MO
Hey guys on my 01 blaster I have installed a banshee axle with banshee brake hub. I got everything together and went to put on the caliper and noticed it is offset by a few mm from the disk. Did I miss something during the install of the axle? Pictures are attached. Thanks

Attachments

• IMAG0114.jpg
    IMAG0114.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 142
  • IMAG0115.jpg
    IMAG0115.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 183
You need to use a 2003-2006 blaster brake hub in order to use the banshee axle.

According to this thread you can use either one. Doesnt matter. I have seen this info in many places as well. Banshee brake hub should work. http://www.blasterforum.com/suspension-14/banshee-axle-blaster-26514/

I did notice a metal ring that came off when I pulled the axle. Its about the same shape as an axle bearing. Not sure if it goes on the banshee axle but it is the same width pretty much as what I need it to shift over.

I installed new axle bearings and those rubber covers. I greased up the axle carrier, put in the sleeve and bearings, then the rubber covers. Then I slid the axle in and bolted it in. Maybe the metal ring goes between the brake hub and axle carrier?

When I did my swap I used the shee hub and I had to use some washers to space the disk from the hub. Take out the alan bolts and put a washer in between the disk and the hub.

Last edited:
The idea worked great. A few washers on each hub bolt did the trick. After I bolted it up I realized I could have put washers on the 2 bolts holding the caliper on as well, would have saved me a few washers lol.