banshee a arms on blaster

850triple

Feb 6, 2014
Now before you guys rip me a new one, I know this has been asked over and over, and I've read a lot of people saying it can be done with fab work.. there's a local set here, $50 gets me the a arms, shocks brakes, hubs, the whole front end basically.. seems like a good deal.. I'm not to sure how much wider they are.. if they are, but it would be nice to have disc brakes up front.. I know its not a bolt on, but how much fab work is required? How far off are they?

Do you mean the a arms, or the rest if it? Spindles, calipers, hubs, etc.??
As far as the a arms not worth it imo. As far as the front brakes etc they should be fine, msy have to ream spindles?? Im not sure but i know its ben done with not much mods if any. Someone with more knowledge on the conversion will chime in im sure. I have fortunately not had to deal with blaster drum brakes. Norman420 spindles seems to be ringing a bell in my head... ???

Last edited:
I thought the rest of it didn't match up at all? Well idk, the drums still stop me, loudly lol.. should I just offer him $20 for the shocks then? I'll probably get that +6 a arm extender inthe future for $200

Where can you get a +6 kit for 200?

The diamond j is only +3 (1.5 each side)
actual a-arms that are +3 both sides cost 450+

I wouldnt get the shee shocks. Save the $20 and start a piggy bank for some used works

the a arms i would say no to unless there aftermarket then u could sell them. I wish i knew more about if the calipers and all fit right up. for 20$ u cant go wrong. even 50$ sounds likea deal. i am pretty sure they will swap over with not much if any mods needed. dont hold me to that though, lol. ill look quick n get right back to you.. i would grab them though if u had to do it right now. if u can wait a bit ill let you know fir certain..

for the brake set up i mean. the shocks will be a little better than the blasters but dont expect to much. u cant go wrong if u can get brakes, shocks,etc for under 50$..

Ok here it is. i guess depending on year banshee they will either bolt right up or u need to reem banshee spindles.?? sounds easy n worth it to me for the brakes.

I can't seem to get the eBay link to work, but its is the diamond j kit for $189.99 it ads 3 inches on each side, just get on eBay and search blaster +6 a arms, it'll pop up.. I think ill not worry about the banshee stuff for now.. stock suspension is horrible though.. maybe for $20 for the shocks.. still thinking about it.. what years bolt up though? That might be nice for the future.. they don't come with the brake calipers, other wise I'd get it for sure, but I'd still need calipers, lines and a master, and the brake I have on it now stop just fine, I'm not racing this

Oh wait, it does have calipers, braided steel lines and a master.. haha maybe I should get it

I would in no way run the banshee a-arms. You would have to weld new mounts the blaster frame and the geometry would be all over the place. Plus there would be no gains in performance what so ever. May even be worse. You can use the banshee front hubs (2), front master cylinder, calipers, rotors, brake lines. The stock banshee brake lines are rubber and some of it is metal tubing like you see in an automobile. They can be made to work but reccomend getting some braided lines. The banshee spindles can be made to work with stock blaster arms but the top needs to be opened up to fit the top ball joint. Then you need to drill in the side of the spindle and tap it to a certain size. Then you would install a bolt and a nut and thread it in, then use the nut to lock it in place. This will allow you to lock in that top post. I did this years ago for a temporary solution. It worked but I do not reccomend doing it. If drag racing only maybe, riding trails, mx, etc I would not even consider it. Best solution is to find a set of 03-06 blaster spindles but can be tough to find seperate and usually pricey. Kenoconnorracing.com sells the modded 88-02 spindles ready to accept all the banshee hubs, rotors, calipers etc making it a complete bolt on kit. Highly reccomend these spindles. Hope this helps.

Reactions: bummer981
Cool, ya I'm my gonna use the a arms, he actually gave me some extra ones also, most of them are all chrome so I bet I could sell to recover a little bit.. I'm not even sure I wanna upgrade this quad like I originally thought, might be gettin a trx450, then this would just be extra.. so I could throw the shocks on, then sell the rest and probably recover the $50.. maybe ill still use them.. def nit the a arms though.. I'm all over the place.. lol

Sorry the pics aren't that great, the bottom a arm on left is just grey, the rest are chrome, on the right side he also include two more upper a arms and one more lower, they look stock, got all the brake lines and he's mailing me the master cuz he forgot it, but ya, $50 for all
rps20140226_104041_484.jpg
rps20140226_104142_317.jpg
rps20140226_104041_484.jpg
rps20140226_104142_317.jpg

Yep, those are j-arms. J-arms can be worth some money if the ball joints are tight and in good shape. One set is chromed to so you should be able to make that $50 back no problem just on that set. Something is telling me that those front calipers from a j-arm banshee will not work with any spindle for a blaster. I believe that they have to be from an a-arm banshee. Not 100% positive though. With some pics of spindles and calipers off and possibly some measurements I would know for sure. Still a good score. You will not lose money on the deal. imo

Something is telling me that those front calipers from a j-arm banshee will not work with any spindle for a blaster. I believe that they have to be from an a-arm banshee. Not 100% positive though.

that is 100% correct, 88/89 J-arm banshee setup.
first set of shee brakes i got given to me in a package deal, are still laying down the shop all painted red and purdy, but they would not bolt onto any blaster, shee or KOR spindles.
the brakcet is way too thick and the bolt pattern too wide.
then i determined they were from a J-arm banshee, which can be identified by the AN style fitting on the hose at the caliper, versus standard line and banjo bolt.
you need 1990+ banshee hydro's to work with any spindle for a blaster

Reactions: DUALSTROKE
that is 100% correct, 88/89 J-arm banshee setup.
first set of shee brakes i got given to me in a package deal, are still laying down the shop all painted red and purdy, but they would not bolt onto any blaster, shee or KOR spindles.
the brakcet is way too thick and the bolt pattern too wide.
then i determined they were from a J-arm banshee, which can be identified by the AN style fitting on the hose at the caliper, versus standard line and banjo bolt.
you need 1990+ banshee hydro's to work with any spindle for a blaster
That is what I thought. Thanks for the clarification :)