bad piston, bored?

badluck91

Sep 10, 2010
new iberia louisian
dont know a thing about yamaha blasters, ran across a good deal with some dude and i couldnt pass it up with only the coil not sparking being the problem.. now im tearing it down and puttin some money in the pit.. what i wanna know is do you think its time for a new piston or if it has been bored out first pick is when i took the head off second is after cleaning..
piston2.jpg
piston3.jpg
piston.jpg

You should probably fully pull the jug off and inspect the whole piston and rings before making the decision. Some stuff you cant tell by looking only at the top of the piston.

lil things faster then i thought, jerked me farther than what my old 250x usto, it has a bills racing pipe, had the stock jets the jackass didnt change em vitos carbon reeds and came with dps clutches.. he needed money so i got it for a hundred from him..

looks like you have some damage to me. a $100 is a real nice deal even with a toped rebuild. you can get a piston kit off ebay for aound $100 and a bore shouldnt cost ya more than $60. can you feel any scratches on the cylinder wall?

Hard to tell from the pics but as long as there's no scratches in the jug I would hone it and Replace the piston n rings and call it good. If its scratched order an oversized piston and take it down to a Machine shop to get board

nope cant feel any scrathes on the cylinder, or head

well thats good, in that case since its all apart i would hone it and put some new rings in and ride that biotch!! if you have the money a new piston would be nice but it dosent sound like its necessary.