Bad news from the engine shop

Leines

Jul 12, 2010
Just when I thought i was getting ahead on my blaster adventure, the engine shop called....my piston is too small...the sleeve was 67.20 when I measured, I bought 67.5 thinking that would be more then enough...he said we need to go 68 to be sure it's clean of shadowing... So I went to try to return the piston, and they are no returns since its special order... So now I have a brand new still in box wiseco 67.5mm piston....trying to decide if its cheaper to find a top end that can take this piston or buy a new piston, and leave only 1 bore I believe....

Just when I thought i was getting ahead on my blaster adventure, the engine shop called....my piston is too small...the sleeve was 67.20 when I measured, I bought 67.5 thinking that would be more then enough...he said we need to go 68 to be sure it's clean of shadowing... So I went to try to return the piston, and they are no returns since its special order... So now I have a brand new still in box wiseco 67.5mm piston....trying to decide if its cheaper to find a top end that can take this piston or buy a new piston, and leave only 1 bore I believe....

Definately look for another cylinder. It will give you more "room to grow" and probably wont cost any more than a new piston anyway.

I don't give up on any cylinder until there's nothing left to run. I sent a cylinder in rough shape to KOR and had it bored to 68.25mm. I just put it on my trail blaster, you know the last life runs just as well as the first life!

Last edited:
Well since i live in canada..the shipping and customs on that ebay one would bring it to over around $200 id think... i ordered the 68mm for dealer cost of $99...since my cylinder is already at the engine shop half bored.. i might as well stick with it... i dont plan on racing the blaster or anything..so ill just do my best to drive the piss outta it..without blowing it up.. LOL

Im not sure what ill do with the 67.5, maybe i should keep it incase i find a blaster on kijiji that needs a top end... or i could sell it and put the $$$ towards my build which i have a feeling it going to throw a few more loops at me..

The 68mm piston and fresh bore will run like a new engine with no trouble at all.

You will be happy. Just make sure you break it in properly, do a leak down test, and check the jetting after getting it together.

The 68mm piston and fresh bore will run like a new engine with no trouble at all.

You will be happy. Just make sure you break it in properly, do a leak down test, and check the jetting after getting it together.

Well since I'm not the best with that..ill be leaning a bit of fellow blaster bros online and whitty in person hopefully to help steer me in the right direction...

Gt word from the engine shop...it's all good perfect fit on 68mm and piston is perfect..I'm picking it up Thursday when I'm over that way for work again.....engine shop was Parry Automotive in orillia Ontario