Bad luck :(

Drifz1

May 24, 2010
mayo,ireland
well day 3 with the yfz got about 30mins of driving (i stopped once i heard it was lean) i was moving it and a nail wnet in the tyre ... need a new tyre now but the guy down the road said he would give me his old ones of his old LTR they have about 40/50 percrnt of thread left(which is more then the ones that are on it now lol) and he will fit them for me ! (kenda klaw mxr's ) and as for teh dent in the front wheel it dosent seem to cause any trouble so ima leave it till i get new front tyres . the only mechaincal prob iv had is that when the clutch lever was in the quad still drove slowly , so i tightend it the whole way out and it worked fine for 10mins the the caqble went loose and bearly pulls the clutch at all lol so if i wanna start off i gotta rev it high in neutarl pulll the clutch in and pop it in gear ! the shock seems to be siezed (front left ) no matter how much pressure i put on it it dont seem to move ! is there any way off softning it or do i need to rebuild it?
so what it needs :
front left bearing
back tyres
front sprocket
clutch or clutch cable
back brakes

what its gonna get when i get money :
HMF slip on (candy blue)
new front rim
GTY-R or trinity clutch cover
white plastics( any other colour suggestions?) (with this //www.atvgraphicman.com/product/atvgraphics/goforit/goforit-yfz450-ballistic-fairy.html) !
any other cool cool thing i can put on it (looks) ?

Last edited:
thats not too bad. you still got a yfz for a blaster. but u dont need new tires. just put a plug in it. most of my tires have at least 1 plug in then and they hold air perfet.

plug, do i need to bring it to a shop? explain please lol thanks

and if u do have to change out clutches in it its way easier than the blasters...it takes like 5 minutes lol

sounds like u just need a new clutch cable, i think motion pro's cable is 14 bucks or something

yea i was checking the clutchs for yfzs im not sure what you call the different plates but its just metal/friction/metal/friction etc lol looks eay'r then a blasty!

ya man i had them on my blasty wasn't happy with the quality as i went threw 3 of em' in 5 months! but it mustr of just been rubbing of something

just remeber its better to have your clutch adjusted with plenty of play then tight. you want atleast 3mm of play in the lever before it begins to pull

just remeber its better to have your clutch adjusted with plenty of play then tight. you want atleast 3mm of play in the lever before it begins to pull

but even when it were real tight it still drove a lil (when clutch fully pulled in lol )

I bet your clutch isnt put together right. Get a manual and pull the clutch plates out and make sure they are stacked in there in the right order. Also there is a big washer and a spring washer that goes on first before any of the clutch plates go on.

I have fixed so many peoples 450's that didnt do this right and these were the symptoms.

but even when it were real tight it still drove a lil (when clutch fully pulled in lol )

thats because the plates are smoked or as the other guy says it could be installed incorrectly, im just saying when you get the clutch fixed leave plenty of slack so it doesnt happen again.