Back in the saddle

blasterboy20xx

Dec 1, 2010
Mississippi
Whats up guys im new to these forums but definately not new to the blaster. I used to have an account on the PB forums but they seem to have shut them down or I can't get on . Any way I joined the Marine corps when I turned 18 and have been gone over a year now. I sold all my quads before I left I owned a blaster, warrior and a tricked out 250r. When I got home about two months passed and I spotted a 2000 yamaha blaster I had to have I owned an 03 before but I got the 2000 model for 300 bucks broke and spent 20bucks on a coil and fixed it I love when peaple dont know how to trouble shoot the guy told me it was the stator lol.... But anyway Im currently working on converting this quad into a nicer one I mainly do freestle and im currently about $700 dollars in without the price I paid for the quad so around $1000 all together . I'm hoping to put the whole project on here with pictures and progress but as far as help goes I've been rebuilding these things since i was fourteen not so expirenced then but I managed to learn especially on my blaster its has to be the simplest quad I'ved ever fooled with. I currently have bought racing exhaust, 14 tooth sprocket, kill switch, honed out the cylinder and dropped in a new wiseco piston, oil block off, and the minor replacement parts I had to purchase that the previous owner neglected or misplaced like the freakin air filter for one lol. I'm hoping to add plastics next it needs them, elka shocks all the way around starting with the rear first, new tires and rims, and possibly not sure yet if I wanna make it wider being its for freestyle a-arms and a wider axle. and of course i have aftermarket nerfs, and a grab bar on the way but im thinkin about the iron cross front bumper they sell on ebay. After that I think im wanting to build on an LTR 450 starting from scratch so i'll be exactly how I want it and cheaper than buying a new and tricking it out. Well thats all for now any questions feel free to ask and if i can help anyone I have all the charts for stock specs on the blaster all the way through. And wiring diagrams and all that good stuff. Later guys

First, thanks for your service to this great country. Second, welcome to the forum. Last but not least, pics, pics, pics.....

Welcome, lots of build threads on here, don't be afraid to start another!
(with lots of pics). I:I