Avg price for rebuild

Jul 29, 2008
Reading PA
Im looking to see what the avgerage price of a bottom end rebuild is. I replaced the crank seal 2 times and it still will not stop blowing out oil and white smoke. Would it be better to buy a used bottom end? My top end was recently rebuilt. This thing has given me nothing but problems. I just want to ride it have have fun.

Where would that leak from? Like under the top end? or internal. If its internal I have to split the cases and I dont have the specal tools so I gotta pay someone to do it which I hate.

i am guessing if u replaced the crank seals twice and its still burning gear oil then i would think its getting in from where in be between the 2 case halfs .. u would half to pull the case apart and reseal the 2halfs .. if i had the right tools i would help ya out ..

Yea i think Im gonna order a new bottom end rebuild from wiesco and either try to attempt this or get into it and take it somewhere. I mean Im pretty mech inclined so is it really that hard to do this?

yeaa u maybe beable to get a used bottom end but u dont no whats its been threw ya kno .. i would say bring the bottom end to a dealer and see what it would cost then to seal and and what not ... its not that hard u just need inpact screw driver, flywheel puller, case spliter and not sure what else..

if you wanted to send your bottom half to me with parts ill rebuild it for you for $120...

Last edited by a moderator:
idk for sure if id go with them ive never heard anything about there cranks and ive always had bad luck with there pistons but thats just me

i was told buy a guy that owns his own shop for 30years and hes highly respected around here he told me to run hot rod crank and he knows what im talkin about with there pistons i always have had bad luck with them

Yea i know the auction ist over but there are others with 144$ buy it now so im not worried. But If I get a hot rod crank all I would need then is the seals and gaskets for the bottom end correct?

u would need gaskets,crank seals,and crank bearings but it comes with the wrist pin bearing and either yamabond or hondabond there the same its for the case when u put it back together its like 8 bucks at a dealer

I wasn't going to replace all the crank and stuff because the case halfs are leaking but I figured the case has to be split anyway might as well replace what could be bad. Im not looking to cheap out but Im not looking to spend a ton because I mostly ride trails and stuff so I dont need to be insane fast. Just something I can go out to and start up and ride with no probems ya know?

yeah, if you're going to go through the work to replace the crank, then spend another $30-$40 bucks and put new bearings in it. It would suck to do all that work just to have a crank bearing go out and have to do it again.